Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    new to the forum

    HEy all just thoughtd id say hey new to the forum. well been signed up for awhile just never been on. ihave 2000 gp1200r. currently overseas and in the process of buying some parts for it. so far i have the r&d ride plate and grate. bought the dplat and the sensor. new handlebars with billet finger throttle. look at some other things such as the free flow exhaust and flame arrestors. i have quite a few questions and have been searching this forum non stop in my free time lol. TONs of great info and writeups on here. also when i get back going to be doing the pump tunnel reinforcment and also the pump plug kit. most parts i have been buying off here at the store. also looking to get a new solas 13/19 prop alond wit ha differant nozzle just not sure what one yet still have to read further into it. if yuo guys cuold help guide me in any right direction i would appreciate it. I ccant wait to get home and starrt wrenching and tuning. illl try and upload pics of my ski but im not to handy at these forums and uploading pics but ill try. thanks guys and youll prolly be hearing from me some more. also i have questions on the island racing holeshot kit looking to purchase that also along with leos kit too. i havnt realyl found any writeups on the ir holeshot kit but im still looking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jetski2.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	240835   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jetski1.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	240838  


  2. #2
    smacota1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South of Mason Dixon
    Posts
    1,162
    +1
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by mtxpse96 View Post
    HEy all just thoughtd id say hey new to the forum. well been signed up for awhile just never been on. ihave 2000 gp1200r. currently overseas and in the process of buying some parts for it. so far i have the r&d ride plate and grate. bought the dplat and the sensor. new handlebars with billet finger throttle. look at some other things such as the free flow exhaust and flame arrestors. i have quite a few questions and have been searching this forum non stop in my free time lol. TONs of great info and writeups on here. also when i get back going to be doing the pump tunnel reinforcment and also the pump plug kit. most parts i have been buying off here at the store. also looking to get a new solas 13/19 prop alond wit ha differant nozzle just not sure what one yet still have to read further into it. if yuo guys cuold help guide me in any right direction i would appreciate it. I ccant wait to get home and starrt wrenching and tuning. illl try and upload pics of my ski but im not to handy at these forums and uploading pics but ill try. thanks guys and youll prolly be hearing from me some more. also i have questions on the island racing holeshot kit looking to purchase that also along with leos kit too. i havnt realyl found any writeups on the ir holeshot kit but im still looking.
    Welcome and that's a super clean GPR. Congrats!
    1st things 1st
    * Reinforce the pump tunnel
    * Seal the pump shoe
    * New updated ride plate/ pump shoe mounts
    *Rejet carbs if you are running F/As (very important)

  3. #3
    yup planning on using the pump seal kit and also looking at the mounts just gotta find them. been readin up on the write ups on here on how yo uguys are doing it. very helpful. ill find them either used or just gonna buy new dpepends on what i can find. but ya im trackin. and as far as rejetting the carbs wouldnt i be better off grabbin new reeds also if im going to rejet? i dont knwo too much abotu carb but im going to learn lol.

  4. #4
    smacota1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South of Mason Dixon
    Posts
    1,162
    +1
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by mtxpse96 View Post
    yup planning on using the pump seal kit and also looking at the mounts just gotta find them. been readin up on the write ups on here on how yo uguys are doing it. very helpful. ill find them either used or just gonna buy new dpepends on what i can find. but ya im trackin. and as far as rejetting the carbs wouldnt i be better off grabbin new reeds also if im going to rejet? i dont knwo too much abotu carb but im going to learn lol.
    Osidebill is your carb guru on here. Aftermarket reeds are good but make sure that is one of the last mods.....stock reeds with stuffers work very well overall and stuffers are not mandatory, you could put 1300r reeds in if you wanted to do that. Ride plate, prop and intake grate should come before reeds in my opinion....which won't buy a cup of coffee.

    Forgot...waveeater clips are a must also.

  5. #5
    yup already have the clips in their. did that as soon as i heard abotu the pins fallin out. im pretty set on the 13/19 solas prop. and ive got the ride plate and grate. just tryin to figure out what other supporting mods i should do. I have been trying to find more info on the I.R. holeshot kit and what that involves and if its worth it.

  6. #6
    smacota1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South of Mason Dixon
    Posts
    1,162
    +1
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by mtxpse96 View Post
    yup already have the clips in their. did that as soon as i heard abotu the pins fallin out. im pretty set on the 13/19 solas prop. and ive got the ride plate and grate. just tryin to figure out what other supporting mods i should do. I have been trying to find more info on the I.R. holeshot kit and what that involves and if its worth it.
    Got the IR Holeshot on my 04 1300R, well worth the effort in my opinion if you want a super hard holeshot.

  7. #7
    ok good to hear. pretty simple to set up? like i said i havnt really seen alot of posts abotu it just the jetworks mod quite a bit cant remember if that was the the same thing or not but yea im not huge on the top speed i like to do more of the holeshot runs and turns kinda what im setting the ski up for more or less. just wish it was supercharged haha

  8. #8
    smacota1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South of Mason Dixon
    Posts
    1,162
    +1
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by mtxpse96 View Post
    ok good to hear. pretty simple to set up? like i said i havnt really seen alot of posts abotu it just the jetworks mod quite a bit cant remember if that was the the same thing or not but yea im not huge on the top speed i like to do more of the holeshot runs and turns kinda what im setting the ski up for more or less. just wish it was supercharged haha
    It will require considerable work, removing exhaust stinger, moving a sensor, drilling and taping, rerouting water line connections. Not a five minute job but really not difficult. IR should be able to walk you thru it easily.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New to the forums
    By beegle55 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-09-2007, 01:49 PM
  2. New to the forum, and 4 stroke PWC
    By cbrich in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-06-2006, 01:11 AM
  3. Hi all, New to the forum, all the way from UK
    By Mark-UK in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-21-2006, 10:00 AM
  4. So... New to the forum, looking to buy an RXP
    By GGIII in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-18-2006, 12:41 PM
  5. New to the forum...got some questions
    By BlackHawk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-20-2006, 05:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •