Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Help me choose an Air Intake...

Guys, I've gone back and forth on different intakes for a week now...I even tossed around the idea of making my own, but out of the RIVA, R&D, and JD...which do you recommend??? I like the idea of the JD, but can't seem to find much info on it. I know RIVA is probably the most proven and is a true 4", but the R&D looks nice too. I know they all will net about the same gains, just looking for opinions here.

Thanks

Mike

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    I'd say save yourself some coin and do YoYamma's cheap air intake. I love mine! It looks good, works great and I can use the money for other mods. The setup only cost me about $28 bucks, How much is the Riva? Is it worth the price differance?

Quote Originally Posted by XLT Chad View Post
    I'd say save yourself some coin and do YoYamma's cheap air intake. I love mine! It lookes good, works great and I can use the money for other mods. The setup only cost me about $28 bucks, How much is the Riva? Is it worth the price differance?
    Where were you able to find the parts? Also, how do you like the R3 with the ET Low Boost Wheel? I was thinking of doing the same set-up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by STALKER FZR View Post
    Guys, I've gone back and forth on different intakes for a week now...I even tossed around the idea of making my own, but out of the RIVA, R&D, and JD...which do you recommend??? I like the idea of the JD, but can't seem to find much info on it. I know RIVA is probably the most proven and is a true 4", but the R&D looks nice too. I know they all will net about the same gains, just looking for opinions here.
    I run the riva intake. It sits up high so water ingestion isn't a problem. It's pretty well made IMO, not anything I can knock it for. I haven't personally run the r&d intake but it has a similar design/ shape to the riva intake. The JD intake is good for lake/ flat water because it is a true cold air intake. The problem is that if you ride in the chop, it may not be the best option. Hitman posted he picked up a full 100rpms with the JD intake vs the riva intake I believe.

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    Where were you able to find the parts? Also, how do you like the R3 with the ET Low Boost Wheel? I was thinking of doing the same set-up.
    I found the parts at my local Auto Zone. YoYamma lists the part #s in his thread http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...r-for-the-FZ-s.

As for the reflash and wheel? I think it's one of the best upgrades you can do. The acceleration and top speed are outstanding!

I don't have the wheel (c1 coming) but the R3 reflash is well worth the money. Gained 2 mph and the mid range is unbelievable. I can only imagine the gains once you add a wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    I run the riva intake. It sits up high so water ingestion isn't a problem. It's pretty well made IMO, not anything I can knock it for. I haven't personally run the r&d intake but it has a similar design/ shape to the riva intake. The JD intake is good for lake/ flat water because it is a true cold air intake. The problem is that if you ride in the chop, it may not be the best option. Hitman posted he picked up a full 100rpms with the JD intake vs the riva intake I believe.
    The RIVA + JD was my first choice until I started reading all these DIY alternatives giving similar results. I read Hitman's post about the 100 rpm's from the JD and that sounds awesome, but like you said, it may not be the best set-up for the chop. I like YoYamma's DIY. It sits up high and is cost efficient.....I can't believe I am wasting so much time picking an intake Lol. I already have a RIVA Thru-Hull Exhaust on the way and kinda want to do the intake at the same time.

+1
    The RIVA + JD was my first choice until I started reading all these DIY alternatives giving similar results. I read Hitman's post about the 100 rpm's from the JD and that sounds awesome, but like you said, it may not be the best set-up for the chop. I like YoYamma's DIY. It sits up high and is cost efficient.....I can't believe I am wasting so much time picking an intake Lol. I already have a RIVA Thru-Hull Exhaust on the way and kinda want to do the intake at the same time.
    Not a waste of time at all. The hardest part of modding is picking the right parts for your setup and doing your research. Time well spent IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by XLT Chad View Post
    I found the parts at my local Auto Zone. YoYamma lists the part #s in his thread http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...r-for-the-FZ-s.

As for the reflash and wheel? I think it's one of the best upgrades you can do. The acceleration and top speed are outstanding!
    Thanks! I re-read the thread and found the part numbers on page 5:

"Sure, the filter is Spectre part no. 9132 supposedly fits a 3 inch intake system.
    The problem is the oddball OEM Yamaha rubber tube; that elbow was the only solution I could find locally that would fit both ends. You have to remove a collar on the elbow, then it will barely fit into the filter side; you have to be careful not to force it.
    The 90 degree plastic elbow is also by Spectre, part no. 8698."

I'm glad to hear you like that Re-flash / Wheel combo. I was talking to Chunk on here the other day and he mentioned you were running that set-up and he is leaning that way.....I may too, still researching.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    Not a waste of time at all. The hardest part of modding is picking the right parts for your setup and doing your research. Time well spent IMO.
    I agree. I'm still new to the Jet Ski world...I have learned a lot in the past months, but still have a way to go...... It's fun though.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information