Seadoo Challenger top speed

I am new to jet boats and PWCs. I always wanted a jet ski but thought a jet boat would be a little more versatile. So, I just purchased a 14ft 2000 seadoo challenger with twin 717 motors. All appears to be stock. Both motors start fine but seem to idle a little rough, nothing to scare me off. I used it over this past weekend and am now familiar with its operation. I am now having some concerns as I feel it should be much quicker out of the hole and reach top speeds above 32mph with 2 people and 1/2 tank of fuel. It seems to take too much time to plane and reach top speed.
    Can anyone tell me what top speed I should expect? I confirmed my speedo with gps
    Is it worn out and need something rebuilt? or just a tune up?

Other things I noticed is that the throttles are not totaly in sync and need to be adjusted and I don't know how much water should be coming out of the cooling system port at idle. I am pulling the boat out of the water tonight to flush the cooling system.

Any help appreciated.

my 14ft. seadoo challenger with 1 engine goes 45-47 ish its all stock. maybe the impellers are worn down because i know my cousins jet ski wasn't running that fast so they replaced the impeller and made it run like new again

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by foxrider56 View Post
    my 14ft. seadoo challenger with 1 engine goes 45-47 ish its all stock. maybe the impellers are worn down because i know my cousins jet ski wasn't running that fast so they replaced the impeller and made it run like new again

Yep,impellers and wear rings!, i'd send the props out to be reconditioned,and while the props are gone pull the carbs and clean'm and you'll love that boat for sure.

or you could just buy mine its for sale !!!! http://delaware.craigslist.org/boa/2467784605.html

+1
    Knowing what RPMs is each engine running would help. Compression check would be helpfull as well.

Thread Information