Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seadoo DIY crankshaft rebuild

People Im totally new here and Im about to do this crankshaft thing myself. I want it done right with good quality bearings. This crank I just pulled out had some crap bearings and crap seals. The welds were a joke full of porosity and cracks and when I did the screwdriver test to check the phasing it was out. Im old school and love the rewards of doing things myself. This is on a Seadoo 657 and I want to post pictures and exactly how I do it so others can learn. Now the problem is I'v never done one before. Iv straighten cranks out on snowmobiles when a belt would blow, but never the whole thing. Please don't say "take it to someone". Im not. Im going to clear up this mystery. I would love any information some of you experienced people have to offer so that this is not such a trial by fire.

Thanks, Brian

I have a few pdf files on rebuilding two stroke cranks if you want them.there or drawings of the tools and jigs neededso it should be simple enough to make them with pipe and plate.

Pm me an email address and i will try to send them to you.

+1
    I had Art send me these files and they were very helpful. Lots of good info in there. Thanks Again, Cliff

i got a copy of that zip file too send from Art,, thanks man !!!

Hope the info helped. Not sure why but finding info on building cranks can be very difficult to find. If you have access to a press, and are willing to spend a little time fabbing a couple jigs, it isn't rocket science. With v blocks and a guage to measure runout. Anyone with patience, a big hammer or two, steel wedge (can make this), etc. Can rebuild a crank. Or maybe split one to replace a bad bearing, rod, etc. It doesn't seem like a bad idea to put your crank on the blocks and true it anyway even if parts aren't worn out.

is this only for 2 cyl or also 3 cyl ?

hi any chance with the files?

I haven't been on much so anyone that asked file these and didn't get them, let me know. I've sent them to several prior but might have missed a couple.

The info in the files will work for 3 cyl cranks as well. 3 cyl cranks would be more difficult but are doable.

Hi I'll grab that info too please ArtMaybee. Thanks

PDF files on rebuilding cranks

Quote Originally Posted by ArtMaybee View Post
    I have a few pdf files on rebuilding two stroke cranks if you want them.there or drawings of the tools and jigs needed so it should be simple enough to make them with pipe and plate.

Pm me an email address and i will try to send them to you.
    ================================================== ================================================== ===
    Hello:

New on here. Could I get these pdf files you are talking about. Thanks.

Rich Gillen
    [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information