Help with my 1999 GTS

I have a 1999 Seadoo GTS. The original problem was that it would start with the choke then die after about 5 seconds of running. I can keep it running by choking it sometimes. I replaced all the old tempo fuel lines with new lines, replaced carb filter and front filter, pulled gas tank and drained it and replaced with new gas. I changed spark plugs and checked compression was 140 in front and 120 in back. I also checked the low speed setting and it is at about 3/4 turns or more out. Checked diaphragm and it too is in good condition. Can someone please help me what else could it be?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    welcome to GH. your screws should be as follows = GS/GTS/GTi - Low Speed – 1, High Speed – 0. you may have also hooked up the return and supply lines backwards. your compression also seem low on the PTO cylinder. how are you doing a compression check? are you cranking over with the throttle pinned with a strong battery?

Thanks for the welcome airbornexp When I did the compression check I used booster because my battery was dead and no I did not hold the throttle down. The fuel lines are correct according to the schematic on that year. Could something be wrong with the fuel pump?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    dont use the booster! you could have blown the mpem. does it start and run since you have done that? the mpem doesnt like voltage over 12.5 but also has a hard time running with anything less than that. if you must you can use the car battery but leave the car off. nothing could be wrong unless you put it back together wrong or a seal has come unseated.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Butcher, i noticed that you mentioned the diaphram but did you actually clean the carb? / carbs?. Also make sure that the gaskets diaphram are in the correct order(ie) the clear one for the "pulse" etc..

I cleaned carbs and diaphragm and gaskets are in good shape no holes or rips. I did not hook up to a booster I meant a boat battery my bad for not clarifying. Could the rotary valve be bad?

+1
    Sound's like you need to have someone go thru the carb that knows what they are doing.

I cleaned out the needle valve and works great

Thread Information