+1

Looking for help before i buy a used 94 sl 750

Hello im new to this forum and looking to buy my first jetski. I am looking at buying a 1994 polaris sl 750. It is in really great shape, no fading, very clean, engine compartment is also very clean with no leaks. It has always been kept in a garage with a cover on it. It has 194 hours on the original engine which im a little worried about, but the compression cheaks out at 130psi on each cylinder. He says he just rebuilt the stock fuel pump, and the first thing i would be doing is buying a triple outlet fuel pump and all the updates for the ski, but being used that much stock am i buying a ticking time bomb?. It seems to have been maintained well, greased shaft and coupler often. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks alot.

Banned User
    +1
    130 psi is good. If it appears well maintained and the price is right I say go for it

Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    130 psi is good. If it appears well maintained and the price is right I say go for it
    +1 ^^^^^

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

Sounds like a promising deal. There are some PWC purchase tips and guidelines in my signature links.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    wlecome to the Hulk.

Yes, that is high for hours, but some guys have like 230+ hours on their stock engines. So you may get alot more use out of it before it actually needs something. 130 psi compression is VERY good for a machine with that high of hours, if the price is right, I would have no problem buying it.

If you don't mind, how much is the seller asking for it?

+1
    I ended up buying the ski...i paid $2200 can for it which probably sounds steep, but up here in new brunswick can its hard to find them in good shape. It never sat outside without the cover on it and the trailor is the factory stock one with the fat tires on it which is also mint. The origonal owner had all the fuel lines replaced except for the little ones in between the carbs, and re-routed the fuel line from the fuel seperator to in between the mag and middle carb and between the middle and pto carb. The stock newly rebuilt fuel pump and auto-cock is still on it. And i ordered a triple outlet conversion kit and carb rebuild kits from John Zigler. The machine seems to work good, i have got 52mph on the dream meter, but seems to have the odd hesitation when idleing and giving it full throttle, and sometimes it doesnt start right up when cold but just getting the right choke to throttle ratio and it will fire up which im hoping the carb rebuild kits will fix. My next step is to cheak the clearance between the impellor and wear ring. Also it seems to have a rattle/knocking sound from the shaft only at an idle and goes away with any amount of throttle.

Thread Information