+1

winter work, crankcase

This summer i screwed up my crankcase where the intake and reeds and all that stuff go in, when putting my reeds on i broke a headbolt in the case. Not having the money i decided to put it back together without one of the 16 some bolts(i know i risked an air leak but i never got one) so now i want a new crankcase to replace the risk of a air leak and blown motor. I figured while getting one i should get a ported one I noticed on riva they have them for 900, is it better to buy a stock one and send it to lowell? would thta be cheaper?

With a ported crankcase could i get my EFI dialed in and forget it or will i always be adjusting to accomodate conditions? Typically what are the performance gains of a ported ski?

I have had enough nerve to do everything on my own and havent screwed anything up until the reeds so im not going to mess with anyone else. Could anyone recommend someone who would be willing to break my engine down and put it back together with the ported crankcase?

thanks in advamned

+1
    Hold on tiger!

You did not elaborate much on the broken bolt. Don't give up on your old crank case just yet. If the bolt just broke off, get it removed. Have a local pro tuner pull that broken bolt. For those guys, it is no big thing. They would probably charge you 1 hour of shop time.

As far as crank case porting, some pros feel that for the recreational rider, it is nominal gains for the money spent, and your money would be best spent elsewhere. For the hard core racer who needs all he can get from an engine, it is another thing.

Lowell ported my 1300, and cleaned up the upper case because as he put it. and if I may paraphrase... there is power to be had. He had also mentioned in the discussion that the V Force reeds and spacer plate was important in making the crank case clean up job work. Once again though, we are talking extra money.

Have you ported your cylinders and bumped you compression yet? That would be the best bang for the buck.

+1

hi

hi..where are you...if you fancy getting it out yourself i can send you a drill bit and matching easy out to get bolt out... all you need is a little patience and a drill and with some good luck and a gentle hand it should come out..pm me your full address and i will send out to you.
    Last edited by Hydrotherapy; 12-03-2006 at 02:48 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by saltygpr13 View Post
    hi..where are you...if you fancy getting it out yourself i can send you a drill bit and matching easy out to get bolt out... all you need is a little patience and a drill and with some good luck and a gentle hand it should come out..pm me your full address and i will send out to you.
    Thats awesome

+1
    thanks for the offer on the E-Z out. i tried all that good stuff. i took it to a metal shop and they would only do it if i took the motor out cause they blew up the last jetski they worked on and people got seriously hurt and their was a big law suit. i wasnt going to do all that because i probaly would have created 10 more problems. i tried heating it then putting ice on it to expand it then shrink it. i then used reverse drill bits and drilled the bolt out with a small bit and tried the e-z out again. then it just chipped on the outside and you cant see it unless you use a mirror.

i race CC as a hobby and am not tring to win any national championships or anything but i do like competing and becoming faster and winning but i also like to be able to cruise around the river on sundays. so thats how i use my ski.

i have riva rec heads and vf3's but i have not ported my cylinders, what is that? a big bore kit?

thanks

+1
    How about some pics I am sure it can be fixed.
    Ported cylinders will give you more grunt all over and more top end ported cases add a little more.

If you work on your ski your going to have to learn to pull the motor.
    After the first time its easy.

Thread Information