Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: R -2 with e1

+1

R -2 with e1

Ive been running a c 3 an r2 without a power shot has anyone ran the r2 an e1 without a powershot

+1
    It's not ideal but can be done. I would recommend upgrading to the R3 to run an E1 or equivalent wheel. Otherwise you WILL need the powershot. and possibly a RRFPR, and possibly even bigger injectors (which I don't recommend but others have done it successfully) to run the E1 with an R2. It really depends on your setup.

If you run the R3 and tell them you don't want to run a powershot, then you can do that with the stock FPR. I actually like running the powershot because then I can lean the ski out a bit when it gets real hot.

As always, when adding boost, GET AN A/F GAUGE.

+1
    Okay I have the fuel pressure regulator already an u think I still need the powershot

+1
    If you want to stick with your R2, yes, I think you will at least need a powershot to get enough fuel.

The ideal way to run in the 15-18 pound boost range is to get an R3, stick with the stock FPR, and add a powershot if needed.

+1
    Hitman

Enough is enough ! How about from now on you only comment on things you have personally done on your ski.

By over simplifying things you end up providing misleading info. This is a performance forum and people come her not for the sales pitch, but rather to learn from other people's experiences.

Tealgreen 2000,

An E1 wheel provides a huge (close to 100 HP) gain. Yes you could run it with just a reflash but realisticly it is not a good idea.

The complete OEM fuel delivery system is overtaxed with that high a boost. The OEM injectors are essentially beyond their limit. Even if the reflash has the fuel increased to such an extent that a RRFPR and powershot are not required then you would have no ability to tune the motor. I like to use both the RRFPR and a Powershot with an E1. Using both of these products then gives you some flexibilty in tuning the motor. A set of larger injectors would also be a good idea.

The E1 is a great wheel and if you decide this is the way you want to go you might contact Jim's Performance. Jim has a shop in Tampa and he is extremely knowledgable on these skis and he has lots of experience with the E1.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    (YOU WILL) have a meld down if you run a R2 with a E1 wheel and don't have a RRR. The power shot is a good add on because it allows you to fine tune.

And (YOU DO NEED) a RRR with a R3 and a E1 wheel I have a customers that was down 1000 rpm that forum members told him you don't need a RRR and when he hooked up a AFR gauge it was at 17.1 AFR on top. Nice blow torch. Once i called him and said hook up the vacuum to the RRR he hooked it up and it went down to 12.5 AFR with a little more adjustment on the regulator it was were it's suppose to be.

Taking money away from the Z06 Fund
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    (YOU WILL) have a meld down if you run a R2 with a E1 wheel and don't have a RRR. The power shot is a good add on because it allows you to fine tune.

And (YOU DO NEED) a RRR with a R3 and a E1 wheel I have a customers that was down 1000 rpm that forum members told him you don't need a RRR and when he hooked up a AFR gauge it was at 17.1 AFR on top. Nice blow torch. Once i called him and said hook up the vacuum to the RRR he hooked it up and it went down to 12.5 AFR with a little more adjustment on the regulator it was were it's suppose to be.
    Jim, what's your take on the R3 with the ET 15.5 wheel and no FPR and/or powershot?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by philip_gpr View Post
    Hitman

Enough is enough ! How about from now on you only comment on things you have personally done on your ski.

By over simplifying things you end up providing misleading info. This is a performance forum and people come her not for the sales pitch, but rather to learn from other people's experiences.
    What sales pitch was in my post Phillip? Did I not tell the guy to get an A/F gauge and look at what is going on to be sure? Every boat is different. There are so many different combinations of parts and mods out there to run there is never a simple answer when people ask these questions like "can I run this without that?" or "how about that without this?" Every ski is different! There is no one right answer. What works for one ski may not work exactly the same for another. There are multiple versions of reflashes depending on what someone specifies in their order. If they ask for an R2 with extra fuel in it, that is what they'll get. These variances make giving advise even harder.

How do you explain one boat being able to run a C5 wheel with an R3, stock FPR, no powershot, and stock injectors and another one can't? What info did I give him that was misleading? Enlighten me if you think I'm wrong. Don't just act like an jerk about it.

I like your sales pitch too. Don't ask questions on the forum. There is just too much bad info out there! Everyone should just take their ski to someone and pay them to do it all!

+1
    Can you work on my ski? I want to go 80.6mph.

+1
    Hahaha Richie im next in line. This guy knows everything. His FX SHO is flying way faster than anyone else.

He must be getting wristy's from R&D or something??

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information