2005 Ultra 150 Low Battery Warning Issue

Hey Guys,

So I've taken the ski out 4-5 times this year but keep having a recurring problem. I've done some research but just wanted to get an opinion on my specific problem. So when I turn the battery on and put the key in the ski I have no warning lights, once I try to start, it immediately starts flashing that I have a low battery. The ski turns over fine and once started the light does not show back up and im running at full power until I stop the ski and im greeted with the warning light again when trying to start. I just purchased a new battery and i'm having the same issue. Voltage regulator maybe? I'm praying its not the stator.

+1
    Normal. On some 'Skis, the light blinks all the time. I guess the voltage sensor is set wrong on some of them. You can use a digital voltmeter to check the battery voltage while not running, then check it again when it is running. As long as the running voltage is about a volt higher, it's charging.

should the voltage jump immediately once the ski is turned on or should it slowly climb?

+1
    Once the engine starts, you'll probably see a higher voltage after a few seconds. The battery discharges, lowering the voltage, while cranking. It takes a little while for the alternator to catch up and get the voltage back up.

charge you battery its low. ive had that problem before.

Quote Originally Posted by jluca View Post
    Hey Guys,

So I've taken the ski out 4-5 times this year but keep having a recurring problem. I've done some research but just wanted to get an opinion on my specific problem. So when I turn the battery on and put the key in the ski I have no warning lights, once I try to start, it immediately starts flashing that I have a low battery. The ski turns over fine and once started the light does not show back up and im running at full power until I stop the ski and im greeted with the warning light again when trying to start. I just purchased a new battery and i'm having the same issue. Voltage regulator maybe? I'm praying its not the stator.
    I had a 2008 Ulta LX with the exact same issue. I charged and charged, I changed to a Odyssey and charged again. Still same issue. I simply got used to starting the boat and immediately hitting the 'set' button to shut the beeping up. Apparently some skis are just very sensitive to the point of inaccuracy.

Thread Information