Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Seadoo ICatch trailer

Anyone use the Icatch trailer for their Seadoo? I recently purchased one(2 weeks ago) with my new ski and the latch /cable broke . I have a feeling that the alignment was not originally set correctly ,as it is different for each model.

+1
    Thats two bad. Did they warranty it? Any one known if they make a 2 place one?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 20 feet Boy View Post
    Thats two bad. Did they warranty it? Any one known if they make a 2 place one?
    Its supposed to have a full year warranty but the dealer isn't open until Tues.
    No they only make it in the single ski
    Last edited by em-dubya; 06-06-2011 at 08:29 PM.

+1
    Thanks

+1
    I have had mine for over a year now. They recalled it to put a safety cable on the front to run through the eye on the ski, the release cable broke and was replaced with a supposedly "better" one. I spent almost two hours reseting the trailer so the latch would actually latch. Would have taken it back at more than one point if they would have taken it. It tows great, looks great, sits nice and low for launching, you just can't trust it. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you leave that safety cable off the front eye. I leave it on until I am down the ramp to launch and hook it up before I start up the ramp. I also do not leave the ramp area without a strap on the back of the ski. I think the concept is great, it just never quite became reality.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by szt8b7 View Post
    I have had mine for over a year now. They recalled it to put a safety cable on the front to run through the eye on the ski, the release cable broke and was replaced with a supposedly "better" one. I spent almost two hours reseting the trailer so the latch would actually latch. Would have taken it back at more than one point if they would have taken it. It tows great, looks great, sits nice and low for launching, you just can't trust it. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you leave that safety cable off the front eye. I leave it on until I am down the ramp to launch and hook it up before I start up the ramp. I also do not leave the ramp area without a strap on the back of the ski. I think the concept is great, it just never quite became reality.
    Thanks for the info. I kind of had that feeling about the safety cable ,so thats pretty much how I'd been doing it. I picked it up for 1k new from a dealer that was not carrying Seadoo anymore and thought the whole "concept " was great, but i guess i'll see. I do steel fabrication and i decided if it breaks again after this intial fix that i would convert it to a wench system

+1
    You will have a rough time converting it I would think. When loading onto the rollers it will not stay put while you attach the winch. Mine has released 3 times this year so far while driving so I am about to tear it apart again and see if some part of it is jammed, worn, whatever. When it works (which is actually most of the time) it is a neat trailer. When it doesn't it is either a PITA because you are at the lake with your ski stuck on the trailer (won't release) or catastophic because your ski just slid down the highway behind you.

The concept of the trailer is great, but the quality of it is horrible. I've been through two of them and both of them breaking because of cheap plastic parts (locking mechanism and the release latch). To be honest I'd rather get in the water and use a regular trailer. It just seems more reliable and there is nothing worst then a beautiful day....backing your ski in the water.....and your release latch breaks (because it's made of cheap China plastic) and you can't get your ski off the trailer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BAYOU RXPX View Post
    The concept of the trailer is great, but the quality of it is horrible. I've been through two of them and both of them breaking because of cheap plastic parts (locking mechanism and the release latch). To be honest I'd rather get in the water and use a regular trailer. It just seems more reliable and there is nothing worst then a beautiful day....backing your ski in the water.....and your release latch breaks (because it's made of cheap China plastic) and you can't get your ski off the trailer.
    Ha that was exactly how my Saturday went.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by szt8b7 View Post
    You will have a rough time converting it I would think. When loading onto the rollers it will not stay put while you attach the winch. Mine has released 3 times this year so far while driving so I am about to tear it apart again and see if some part of it is jammed, worn, whatever. When it works (which is actually most of the time) it is a neat trailer. When it doesn't it is either a PITA because you are at the lake with your ski stuck on the trailer (won't release) or catastophic because your ski just slid down the highway behind you.
    I live about a mile and a half from a ramp so I'm never on the road long~ no to mention strapping it down . When it "released" when you were driving did the latch just go down and disengage?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information