1994 Kawasaki 750 ss xi trim fuse

The trim on my 1994 Kawasaki 750 ss xi does not work. Are the trim fuse protected? I looked in the manual and it shows a 10 amp and 30 amp fuse, is the 30 amp fuse located inside the trim motor box?

Regards,
    Splash

Good question. I'd like to know this as well since I picked an SS Xi up over the winter and the trim is not functioning.

+1
    Yes.

+1
    The motor only draws 7 amps when operating, perhaps more when you first hit the button, and definitely more when it stops at the end of the travel.

Several years ago, I had one that had a bad rotation sensor in the motor, so the controller didn't work. I removed the controller and hooked the switch directly to the motor. Had to reverse the polarity to get it to work right, then warn everybody that rode it to let off the button when the gauge got close to the limit of travel or else the fuse would blow. It worked, but I finally replaced it.

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    The motor only draws 7 amps when operating, perhaps more when you first hit the button, and definitely more when it stops at the end of the travel.

Several years ago, I had one that had a bad rotation sensor in the motor, so the controller didn't work. I removed the controller and hooked the switch directly to the motor. Had to reverse the polarity to get it to work right, then warn everybody that rode it to let off the button when the gauge got close to the limit of travel or else the fuse would blow. It worked, but I finally replaced it.
    Nice... Great advice. Thanks!

Thanks steve45,

I will have a go at it this weekend and let you know how it turns out.

Splash

+1
    I received an email about the trim box on a ZXi. I thought it was a notification about a PM here, so I deleted it, but no PM.

Sorry 'bout that. Anyway, I haven't worked on the trim of a ZXi, only the STS.

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    I received an email about the trim box on a ZXi. I thought it was a notification about a PM here, so I deleted it, but no PM.

Sorry 'bout that. Anyway, I haven't worked on the trim of a ZXi, only the STS.
    I sent you an email via PWC Weekly is that what you're talking about. I didn't even check usernames and didn't know it was you on both I was asking if it's necessary to remove the exhaust manifold to get at the trim box.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TenTwelve View Post
    I sent you an email via PWC Weekly is that what you're talking about. I didn't even check usernames and didn't know it was you on both I was asking if it's necessary to remove the exhaust manifold to get at the trim box.
    OK, I was having a senior moment. Sorry about that.

I've owned a couple of ZXis, but never had the trim apart. The trim failed on my '95 when it was only about 4 months old, took it back to the dealer and they couldn't get parts for it because Kawi was having a lot of trouble with it. I told them to keep it and make me a deal on a '96 1100.

Sorry I can't answer your question.

Thread Information