Thread: towing?

towing?

I've never had to tow my doo before, and hope I don't ever have to. Incase I ever need to which hose is it that I pinch? The one going to my strainer?

+1
    Yes. The one from the pump to your strainer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cahickm2 View Post
    I've never had to tow my doo before, and hope I don't ever have to. Incase I ever need to which hose is it that I pinch? The one going to my strainer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak_039A View Post
    Yes. The one from the pump to your strainer.

That may NOT be correct depending on how you routed the lines to the strainer! The simplest way to do this is to install a shutoff valve on the line going from the pump to the exhaust manifold - which shuts off all water into the ski. If you TEE'd off this line to the strainer, clamping the strainer line won't do what you want.

The intent is to keep the water-box, head, and intake manifold from flooding and hydrolocking the ski. See page 3 post 22 for a how to document, perfect install on your RXT: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...-Install/page3

+1
    According to his sig he has a intercooler. So the hose should go from the pump to the strainer, intercooler, then exhaust manifold. And should be shut off or pinched before the strainer. But as long as its before the exhaust it will be fine. But he says he has a strainer which goes before the ic. So......

Why would he t off that line to the strainer? where would it go then? to the intercooler? talk about no water flow.

And the there is no water from the river in the head or intake manifold. Only way it will get into the motor is if the waterbox fills back up into the exhaust ports of the engine.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak_039A View Post
    According to his sig he has a intercooler. So the hose should go from the pump to the strainer, intercooler, then exhaust manifold. And should be shut off or pinched before the strainer. But as long as its before the exhaust it will be fine. But he says he has a strainer which goes before the ic. So......

Why would he t off that line to the strainer? where would it go then? to the intercooler? talk about no water flow.

And the there is no water from the river in the head or intake manifold. Only way it will get into the motor is if the waterbox fills back up into the exhaust ports of the engine.
    The inlet hose that feeds the exaust manifold is all that needs to be pinched. BRP did a real nice job of color banding the hose with a red band so its easy to spot even if your wearing welding goggles. This will keep the water from filling the exaust and backing up into the head just as you have suggested. Either of the two methods above will work just fine but ultimately both are keeping the exaust from filling.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2340.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	241161

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Robban View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2340.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	241161
    Great idea, looks good!

Is this hose accessible on the iS models? Have not looked inside of mine much, but have heard the iS have limited accessibly without lifting the upper deck.

Thread Information