Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Miami to ????? - Tampa Sea-Doo Crew

Bimini is looking a little too crowded this year so we've decided to try something different. 4 years of dreaming and 6 months of continuous planning and preparation have led up to this point. On the morning of June 18th (weather permitting) we will be launching out of Miami and heading East into Bahamas on a nine day expedition. This will not be a "family vacation" and it will not be a safe leisurely trip. This will be survival. We will be leaving with nothing more than a couple of Sea-Doo watercraft and as much equipment as we can fit on them. I can't say what our end destination is, but beginning on June 18th you can track our progress live using our Spot Connect map page.

Text updates and photos will be posted on our Facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tampa-...69674866420533

And our live map page will update every 10 minutes showing our location:
    http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...gdj7blRqAg1rgU

There won't be any hotels at several of the locations we're going, so much of the trip will be spent camping on various Bahamian islands. We also know that we will definitely be surpassing the fuel range of our watercraft so refueling at sea will be necessary.

Going with one black 2008 RXT 215, one 2010 180 Challenger SE, two guys, and three good looking ladies. Should be an interesting trip. Hope to make it back in one piece and see everyone at the next group ride. Wish us luck!

- TSDC

Sounds like a bad ass trip. I just liked your fb page and I will deffinately be checking up on yalls whereabouts and photos. Good luck and be safe!

+1
    if anyone can pull this off,it's you guys.
    i'd bring a firearm.
    good luck!

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Got any pics of the three good looking ladies .....

Good luck guys! At least your leaving on the right equipment

+1
    So you will be riding to grand Bahamas? Or easts past Bimini to Nassau? That 175-200 miles one way . Sound fun. They will most likely be charging $10 a gal. Have fun and take allot of photos.

+1
    Sounds like a great trip...love to have a little more time to plan this year, but I am in next year on the right equipment.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybat View Post
    if anyone can pull this off,it's you guys.
    i'd bring a firearm.
    good luck!
    Yeah I picked up a new Ruger for the trip. Main concern is camping at night on uninhabited islands. Hopefully we won't run into any trouble, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    Got any pics of the three good looking ladies .....

Good luck guys! At least your leaving on the right equipment
    Haha, soon enough...Soon enough... If I post pics now, they'll all be clothed. Wait two weeks and they'll all be in bikinis for nine days straight.

Quote Originally Posted by 20 feet Boy View Post
    So you will be riding to grand Bahamas? Or easts past Bimini to Nassau? That 175-200 miles one way . Sound fun. They will most likely be charging $10 a gal. Have fun and take allot of photos.
    We'll be heading past Nassau. First day of the trip will be brutal: Miami to Bimini, refuel, then Bimini to Chub Cay in one day. Second day will be Chub Cay to Nassau to Norman's Cay....

Yeah the fuel prices are going to be terrible. Right now most of the Bahamian marinas are at $6.20 a gallon. Fuel will definitely be the most expensive part of the trip. It'll be worth it though. This idea of this trip was what ultimately brought me down here from Ohio a couple years back. It's definitely been a long time in the making.

+1
    You should buy a MR funnel to take with you. I cant imagine what in that gas over there. I lost my gas cap one time and got water in my fuel. I drain it out then ran it threw the funnel it work like a charm and there was about a cup of water in the funnel when I was done. I have herd some horror story's about some people in Honduras getting some bad fuel and being stranded in there boat. 480 miles your backs will be kiling you. That Norman's Cay looks pretty sweet. That great Bahama canyon is a deep son of a bitch. 8,000 to 13,000 feet deep. moby dick lives there. keep us posted on the trip.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan0001.jpg 
Views:	422 
Size:	139.9 KB 
ID:	241269  
    Last edited by 20 feet Boy; 06-06-2011 at 03:50 PM. Reason: put a map on

Sounds like an awesome trip....!! You guys have inspired allot of people with your past trip, us for example...I never heard of Bimini prior to seeing your video last year, now we'll be there on the 16th!! We will definitely be following your progress via your SPOT!!

+1
    This trip will be of epic proportions. I will be piloting the Challenger on this journey and can assure you the video resulting from this trip will be Emmy worthy.

I love sharing the videos we make of our trips with all of our fellow GreenHulk members, but I feel somewhat guilty by inaccurately displaying the level of difficulty and danger associated in these deep water Atlantic crossings. We try to make these videos to capture the beauty of the waters we travel and also be as entertaining as possible. But I feel in doing so we give false hopes to people who think they can cross the Atlantic Ocean on an '89 Seadoo SP and live to tell the tale. I would encourage anyone who has a dream like ours to pursue it... just do your research and make intelligent decisions so that every man, women, and machine returns home safe and sound.

Ok... now that I’ve descended from my soap box I’ll ask everyone to say a prayer to the good weather gods to bless our trip with calm winds and sunshine!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information