Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

300x FI Warning Light

So, today I finished the first 5 hours of break in. Did everything by the book. After the 5 hour mark I got on the trottle a couple of times and ten minutes later the FI warning light and buzzer start going off. At that point it restricts the power to 3000 rpms. I didn't know what the warning light meant so I had it towed in. Once at the marina I checked the engine and couldn't find anything out of the ordinary. I then disconnected the battery and reconnected it. That did nothing. Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong? The dealerships in NJ are closed on Monday, so I'm going to have to wait till Tuesday to talk to someone.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by j0e1016 View Post
    So, today I finished the first 5 hours of break in. Did everything by the book. After the 5 hour mark I got on the trottle a couple of times and ten minutes later the FI warning light and buzzer start going off. At that point it restricts the power to 3000 rpms. I didn't know what the warning light meant so I had it towed in. Once at the marina I checked the engine and couldn't find anything out of the ordinary. I then disconnected the battery and reconnected it. That did nothing. Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong? The dealerships in NJ are closed on Monday, so I'm going to have to wait till Tuesday to talk to someone.
    READ page 46 onward in your owners manual first..............
    then tell us have you seen any of those faults

I guess you have check that your pisser on the Front RH side of the ski is pissing water when it running in the water?
    I guess you check your oil before you rode the ski ?

check back with your findings

Waz

Banned User
    +1
    I bet your ecu is half way between plugged in And unplugged check ur ecu connections are fully seated

+1
    I checked the oil before and after riding, and it's right where it should be. Water is coming out of the pisser. I checked every electrical connection I could find and they all seem ok. In the manual, the FI indicator light means its something with the fuel injection, trim or electronic throttle valve system. I checked all the wires running to the fuel injectors and checked the trim system and that seems ok. If the problem is corrected will the error message clear itself or does something have to be reset?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by j0e1016 View Post
    I checked the oil before and after riding, and it's right where it should be. Water is coming out of the pisser. I checked every electrical connection I could find and they all seem ok. In the manual, the FI indicator light means its something with the fuel injection, trim or electronic throttle valve system. I checked all the wires running to the fuel injectors and checked the trim system and that seems ok. If the problem is corrected will the error message clear itself or does something have to be reset?
    Not trying to bust your balls

But DID you read page 46 onwards of your owner manual ??????????

Waz

+1
    yep, twice today and once when I got the ski.

+1
    so did the display show any of those errors ?

as only a few will limit the rpm to 3000

Waz

+1
    Get hold of an service manual. F1 is a generic code that spits out when any sensor reads out of its parameters. The service manual will tell you the combination of "mode" and "set" buttons to hit and it will spit out a more specific code that you can reference in the service manual. It will give you a place to start looking. SPSR is the one we are getting the most complaints on. The Riva SCOM [speed sensor override module] is causing a lot of problems as the wire they use on the connector is way to big to fit into the factory connector tripping an F1 code.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    so did the display show any of those errors ?

as only a few will limit the rpm to 3000

Waz
    The only error message that was displayed was "FI" I don't have the service manual yet so I'm not sure how to get to the more specific codes that SCSFAB was mentioning in the last post.

+1
    Hi

Does the "FI" indicator go off after the engine has been on for a few seconds?

Does the "FI indicator blink at all?, or is it permanently lit up when the ignition is "ON"?

I have a 300x service manual, are you in Australia?

Please specify from the following 4 choices: 1) Starting difficulty, 2) Engine stalls, 3) Poor running at low speed or 4) Poor running or no power at high speed?

regards,

OZFXSHO

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information