New ski pre-work done by member. I'm new to SC skis and need to know more.

A recent post by a member mentioned a lot of pre work they did on their new ski. I understood a lot of it and did not understand some of it at all. Can someone please break this down for me? I replied to his thread but nobody responded. Perhaps my noobness was annoying? However I am only new to SC skis. I have owned a Kawi of some sort for the last 25+ years. Thanks for looking and helping!

Here is what was posted by sirbreaksalot:
    .................................................. ..........
    Quote = I removed pump , checked PROP tension , repacked front seals with grease between them, modded catch can ( extra VC front fitting to catchcan coming this week ), removed belt cover, modded BOV, re aligned engine ( not that it was realy bad ), installed bypass module, and the normal free mods
    .................................................. ...........
    My reply to the thread:
    .................................................. ...........
    Now If I could only decipher what the heck you're talking about with some of that pre-work you did... I did not do anything before my initial run last week and your writeup makes me think I should have.
    Granted I understand a lot of what you wrote, but questions about "checked PROP tension , repacked front seals with grease between them, modded catch can ( extra VC front fitting to catchcan coming this week ), removed belt cover, modded BOV, re aligned engine ( not that it was realy bad )" are what I am referring to. Would you mind elaborating as to WHY you did these things? Is there a known deficiency in the normal Kawi dealer prep that this work addresses?
    -checked PROP tension (how and why?)
    -repacked front seals with grease between them (why?)
    -modded catch can (why?)
    -re aligned engine (Seriously? Is this something they do not have dialed-in already from the factory? That's kind of scary)
    -removed belt cover, modded BOV (what is BOV? and what mod?)

Anyway, I hope you share more details for those of us not that deep into these yet, (like myself!)
    .................................................. ............

+1
    myself and waz (sirbreaks) imported our own skis, hence they come in a crate and we performed the pre delivery service on them. after owning the previous model we new of all the areas to check for faults or lack of attention in the factory. he removed the prop to repack the front seals with more grease as from the factory there aint alot in there, he retorqued the prop because we have heard of a few coming loose. he modded his catch can same as we had done on previous models so as water/fuel dont drain back into the sump. moved the drain up the side of the can and add a tap into the bottom, and is adding an extra breather fitting to the valve cover up the front where kawasaki had removed it, it was on the previous model, all this to help stop oil entering the catch can. removed the supercharger belt cover so as to make cleaning easier and more thorough. tightened up the blow off valve so it doesnt prematurely leak loosing boost (we have heard some are leaking) checked the engine realignment as they have been known to be out from the factory. all this done because we are fussy and we dont trust the factory, some dealers are also very lazy on the pre delivery also. hope that explains it im not one to normaly write so much in one hit lol.

Thread Information