Intercooler and BOV needed...which ones?

It's true what people say. Now I can't stop. I recently added the R3 reflash and a C1 wheel. What Intercooler and BOV would you suggest? Is there an intercooler that bolts up in the stock holes? I have the extended warranty and want to be able to put it back to stock if a motor blows or something crazy happened.

Thanks,
    Chuck

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckbatts View Post
    It's true what people say. Now I can't stop. I recently added the R3 reflash and a C1 wheel. What Intercooler and BOV would you suggest? Is there an intercooler that bolts up in the stock holes? I have the extended warranty and want to be able to put it back to stock if a motor blows or something crazy happened.

Thanks,
    Chuck
    I would recommend the RIVA powercooler. Very good intercooler with NO heat soak for me and I'm running the E1 wheel. It mounts right up to the stock holes, so when you need to carry it back you could just unmount it and mount up the stock intercooler. The only thing I've heard is it a pain in the ass to install. Idk I've read this but I have never installed a powercooler myself. So maybe people with first hand experience can chime in. All I can tell you is DONT GO WITH THE STOCK INTERCOOLER UPGRADE. I do have first hand experience with this intercooler also and it's not really any good. Too much heat soak for my wheel, but maybe with a C-1 it won't be as bad.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckbatts View Post

Thanks,
    Chuck
    Chuck, I just recently bought a Riva Powercooler with a generic HKS-type BOV(50$ but works the same). My friend helped me put it in one evening and everything bolts up to stock location. They only thing you is you will have to modify the intake manifold when you cut off the nipple and tap for a vacuum line for the BOV. You could always put a plug back in if you had to go back to stock. A dealership may or may not realize what was done. Other than that you can return back to stock if need be.
    I haven't tried any other intercoolers but it made a night and day difference on my R1/B1 ski. I'm very pleased with the purchase

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ecpChris View Post
    ...They only thing you is you will have to modify the intake manifold when you cut off the nipple and tap for a vacuum line for the BOV. You could always put a plug back in if you had to go back to stock. A dealership may or may not realize what was done. Other than that you can return back to stock if need be.
    I haven't tried any other intercoolers but it made a night and day difference on my R1/B1 ski. I'm very pleased with the purchase
    You can get around drilling and tapping the intake manifold with an R&D Multi Port Adapter here in the GH store.

You won't go wrong with any of the kits available.

And regarding your warranty, I wouldn't mod the ski (SC wheel) if I was worried about voiding the warranty. That is unless you have a really good relationship with your dealer.

Thanks for the info guys! You are awesome. Anybody interested in a VX modded plate by Jim? I have seen good stuff from others posted, but I never could eliminate the bounce on my ski. I know that every ski is different, but not for me.

+1
    I have very good results wiht my HKS bov kit from Riva. I use the R&D pressure port kit as Craig said. Very easy to do.

+1
    Riva powercooler

Good luck Chuck! Let us know on which cooler and BOV you go with.

Thread Information