1997 Yamaha Wave Venture 1100 carb, zert, and maintenance questions

I just bought a 1997 Yamaha Wave Venture Triple last Friday. It runs great besides once in a while I have to feather the throttle to get it to go or it will bog out and die. But most times it will fly with no issues. I have been told to drop some seafoam in the the tank and carbs and I have.. when I do this is smokes like crazy.. almost embarrassingly lol it will run awesome for an hour and then start acting up once in a while... I figure I need a carb cleaning or rebuild... I do small maintenance on cars and motorcycles : ie. brakes, oil changes, and easy stuff like that but never internal engine... is this a difficult job for someone with little knowledge of carbs? or should i have the professionally fixed? I am on a tight budget, hence the reason I bought a 15 yr old ski.. lol

Also I am wanting to grease all the zerts or grease points and I do not know where they are located on this ski? and will a standard grease gun from walmart work? with marine grease?

Any other maintenance I should look into- i figured the old owner did not care for things like i do.. so i am trying to get her running like a top.. I am located in Chattanooga, TN if anyone knows a cheap PWC mechanic

Thanks for the help!

Orange County, Ca
    Sound like you might have some carb problem, for a 15 years old ski I would definitly open up and the carb and clean them out, sound like the carb are just gunk up...

daytona fl
    sounds like u need a service manual,u can down load one on line

I bought a nice online one.. but I can not find where the grease points are...does anyone know where they are?

Thread Information