+1

Supercharger slip

I recieved Et 140 from a member today and he stated it had new shaft and washers... I checked slip with 2 different torque wrenches and it was below 120... already had 1 shim and looks to be rotax washers... So i just retorqued nut on front to 22ft and with 1 shim it is below 120 with 2 shims it locks up the gear it seems.. more pressure than I want to apply! Could this be a bad shaft? or needle bearings bad? i tried combo of spring washers and seem to be getting same deal everytime. Thanks for the help in advance.

+1
    Shaft and needle bearings should be OK. The 2nd shim added quite a bit with it being at 120 inlbs. You can sand the L washer a little where it meets the spring washer. Do it on a flat surface with some emory cloth and it doesn't take much.

+1
    On the 08 rebuild kits the L collar is shorter and it is hard to get anything above 120 inch lbs,at least thats what ive found...Try placing your spring washer like this.....)))(),collar,nut....This will tighten it up better than the original way...If you still need to add a shim go like this...))) shim () collar,nut...Also for it to be that low with one shim tells me that the spring washers are possibly not much good anymore or you possibly have some were on the gear and other parts

+1
    try a new set of Mc Master spring washers, to get the slip higher.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post
    try a new set of Mc Master spring washers, to get the slip higher.
    Yeah I'm going to order me a set... After playing with the washers and 2 shims I finally got it set at 170 inch pounds.. I figured that was perfect. it should be producing around 13.5 at 8100... Should those needle bearings want to fall out under the gear after i remove that colar that locks on to the shaft? They are all there but Wasn't sure if they should want to slide out?

Make sure you did not twist the collar on the shaft. You can check by using an oil can and squirting oil in the shaft. It will come out around the gear. If not you will have to press off the collar and reinstall it or just get a new one. Trust me I got 20 min out of a rude 2 that this happened to. Or just send it to Jerry.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    On the 08 rebuild kits the L collar is shorter and it is hard to get anything above 120 inch lbs,at least thats what ive found...Try placing your spring washer like this.....)))(),collar,nut....This will tighten it up better than the original way...If you still need to add a shim go like this...))) shim () collar,nut...Also for it to be that low with one shim tells me that the spring washers are possibly not much good anymore or you possibly have some were on the gear and other parts
    Nice Tip on the washer Organization.... )))()Collar,nut worked first try, right on the money! Appreciate it.

+1
    Also, try getting a new gear. PPG has them for around 90.00. That gear will wear more/faster than the washers will.

Thread Information