Black Magic Header - RXPX

I have used the forum search to look up Black Magic headers because there is one for sale in the classifieds for a Sea-Doo. This header looks like a good piece but my question is to install this header is it a major install project where you have to re-route all the water lines and exhaust hoses or is it relatively plug and play meaning you just have to change a water line or two and maybe cut for proper length?

My ski just got back running after sitting for a year so I just don't want to have it tear it down for a while if this is a big install.

Mods for the 2008 RXP-X are: Rotax Racing ECU, 60lb. injectors, Rotax SC spacer, Rotax SC wheel, PPG block guard, Riva 3" air intake, PPG camshaft, Riva/PPG valve spacer kit, Riva RRFPR, RE OPAS block offs, Riva sponsons, stock ride plate, R&D intake grate, Pump extension kit, Ported head.

Thanks!

+1
    The ported head, cam, valve work, and (future) headers' job is hindered by your Riva 3 in. You will see great results with a custom or purchased 4 in. intake. You need to allow her to breathe in, then worry about out! A 4 in. will yield good results for minimal moola.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothman View Post
    The ported head, cam, valve work, and (future) headers' job is hindered by your Riva 3 in. You will see great results with a custom or purchased 4 in. intake. You need to allow her to breathe in, then worry about out! A 4 in. will yield good results for minimal moola.

I have been reluctant to switch to a rear 4" air set up because I ride it along with the wife mainly just playing around and doing turns along with the lake I ride in is very rough on the weekends and just did not want to stress about water ingestion. I turn the bilge on ride however I want meaning spins, turns, rough water conditions and never had any issues with water ingestion so that has been nice although as you mention I am giving up some horsepower.

Have you installed one of those headers...is it hard? Thanks!

+1
    No, I haven't bought one. Skoepp has a build thread (I couldn't find it) showing his install. If I remember correctly, you must pull the head, attach the header, then re-install the head.
    For the 4 in., you can run it to the front of the craft above the fuel cell, or above the battery (my craft) I've yet to ingest water, and I play rough. lol

+1

I am not sure how well it fits with the stock exhaust as I use it with a turbo,and it is longer than the stock header,but the waterlines connect's just like stock,and I will say it is a big pita to mount it with the engine/head in the ski,here is a small video of mine.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...Magig-turbokit

+1
    Water lines do have to be moded a bit for header But not that big of a deal.

The install of the header in the ski is by far one of the hardest things I have done.
    So much that I go out of my way to remove head, install header, and reinstall head.
    You will need a different mid pipe and exhaust pipe to run the BM header.

You can install the header on head in ski but it will have you stressed and strained to get the bottom bolts in place and tight.

[QUOTE=skoepp;1712564]Water lines do have to be moded a bit for header But not that big of a deal...

The install of the header in the ski is by far one of the hardest things I have done.
    So much that I go out of my way to remove head, install header, and reinstall head.
    You will need a different mid pipe and exhaust pipe to run the BM header.

Thanks so much for all the replies...although it sounds like a cool mod I think I will pass for now. Would be a good winter project but not right now. I guess with the mid pipe and exhaust pipe you mention you would have to have something custom fabbed which is too consuming for me right now. Thanks again I appreciate it!

Thread Information