Banned User
    +1

300x NOT burning oil

since i've read so much about those who have/are burning oil how about a thread for those of us who are NOT. broke mine in with the go fast key, babied it for 4-5 hrs, pampered her for another 4-5, change the oil and filter and beat the living dog shiz out of it about ever time i get on it now (cc racing or practice for it). got about 20hrs on it and so far so good, check the oil ALL the time (didnt say i wasnt worried about it) but it never moves on the dip stick. Pretty stock maybe a riva bypass.... just some more info for those of you with or considering a 300

mike

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    since i've read so much about those who have/are burning oil how about a thread for those of us who are NOT. broke mine in with the go fast key, babied it for 4-5 hrs, pampered her for another 4-5, change the oil and filter and beat the living dog shiz out of it about ever time i get on it now (cc racing or practice for it). got about 20hrs on it and so far so good, check the oil ALL the time (didnt say i wasnt worried about it) but it never moves on the dip stick. Pretty stock maybe a riva bypass.... just some more info for those of you with or considering a 300

mike
    not many hrs on mine yet but .

55 min breakin over 4 heat cycles varing loads

next 2.5 hrs moderate to hard ocean riding rpm upto 8200

oil level still EXACTLY were it was when started

Waz

Banned User
    +1
    somewhere between a quarter to half qt total in the first 8 hrs now at 15 hrs on mine and zero oil consumption well within reason IMO

If broken in properly for the rings to seat correctly, there should be no problem.
    You buy a ski on Sat and take it to race on Sunay, you will have this problem.

2011 N/A champ 2011-2012 turbo champ elpeladodelsamba's Avatar
    +1
    7 hours now. first 5 hours break in orange key didn`t beat it . no cosumption. last tank did it wot and oil lowered 1/4 from high to low on the dipstick. for me a normal oil consumption for a wot tank of gas

+1
    My first 4 hrs. Pretty much taking it easy and giving it a quick burst of throttle every now and then(because I can't stand it), and no oil consumption. I am smelling a hint of fuel on the dipstick though...sure hope its normal during break in.

Quote Originally Posted by no_more_rice View Post
    I notice a bit of a fuel odor as well, but I think you have to expect some fuel dilution running this much boost. Best option is run 20w-50 unless you plan to ride in cold weather
    I did my first oil change at 15 hrs. And i smelled gasoline also. I took out 5 1/2 quarts of oil. Manual says only 4.8 quarts should come out. I'm keeping a close watch on the dip stick for the next 15 hrs. I think were talking about GIO here. I broke my ski in by the book. One thing i'm not sure about is if i lowered the front of the ski thinking i would get all the oil out of the engine. I also changed my oil filter. Any thoughts from anybody??????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
    I did my first oil change at 15 hrs. And i smelled gasoline also. I took out 5 1/2 quarts of oil. Manual says only 4.8 quarts should come out. I'm keeping a close watch on the dip stick for the next 15 hrs. I think were talking about GIO here. I broke my ski in by the book. One thing i'm not sure about is if i lowered the front of the ski thinking i would get all the oil out of the engine. I also changed my oil filter. Any thoughts from anybody??????
    dont get yourself concerned about anything just yet , because how much oil was in their in the 1st place ?

Did the oil level move on your stick after any of the rides < ( I assume you checked it EVERY ride )

fuel smell means NARDA in the grand scale of things.....,

Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    dont get yourself concerned about anything just yet , because how much oil was in their in the 1st place ?

Did the oil level move on your stick after any of the rides < ( I assume you checked it EVERY ride )

fuel smell means NARDA in the grand scale of things.....,
    I checked dip stick and it was perfect all the time. I just put kawa full synthectic 10-40 in. I put 4.8 quarts like the book manual said.
    Is there a secret to reading the dip stick? I use small level on top of valve cover to make sure engine is level. Try to read dip stick is almost imposible! Any thoughts on reading thedip stick? Oil is getting darker after 3 hrs.

+1
    the SAME catch can mods WILL do the same GOOD results as they did on the 250/260 platform

the factory catch can is NOT good for oil life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have posted pics in my thread

DO it and oil WILL stay cleaner and you WILL catch the fuel and not drain it back to the sump as per OEM design

Waz

Thread Information