Polaris X-45 value

I have a limited edition X-45. I understand the stock carbs are not the best in world. Would changing the carbs hurt or help the value of the ski? Or is keeping everything stock not a issue with PWCs?

+1
    First thing...just so you have the correct information, the X-45 is not a limited edition, it's an anniversary edition in which there were a couple thousand made...thus, it does not qualify as a limited edition. To your question, changing the carbs will help with performance and with the fact that it's difficult to get replacement parts for the Bing carbs, I can only imagine that it would help it's resale value to put different carbs on, if you sell to an average pwc rider. Now, some may say that keeping it completely stock adds value as it is an anniversary edition watercraft for Polaris which I would agree if you were to find someone who is a collector of pwc.

Well, with that information that changes things for me. I was understanding that only 500 hundred where made. Is there any where I can go to see how many were actual made?

+1
    I heard that 500 number too. I dumped the Bing carbs for a set of Keihns they are a direct replacement & much nicer. You can always shelf the bings for later.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hkstlt View Post
    Well, with that information that changes things for me. I was understanding that only 500 hundred where made. Is there any where I can go to see how many were actual made?
    Polaris wont give out that information, however, I personally know 2 individuals who worked in the Polaris watercraft division at the time and was told that there were at least a couple thousand made. If you can get a hold of him, one can contact Mark Baxter to verify this information.

Thread Information