Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ran Water With Engine Off :/

the other day I noticed a water leak while flushing, so I shut the engine off to try to locate the leak since the vibration made it harder and I didnt want to burn my hand on anything hot while reaching around all the hoses.. I ran it for a good 5 minutes, could this have ruined anything? How could I tell if it did?

+1
    Did you try to start it yet? If not pull the plugs and see if water shoots out.

I did start it after and let it run about 10-15 seconds and revved up 2 quick times to clear water out. Didn't have spark plugs removed though, should I still do this? This happened Sunday afternoon. When I started it with no water on it started and ran fine.

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyNotFab View Post
    I did start it after and let it run about 10-15 seconds and revved up 2 quick times to clear water out. Didn't have spark plugs removed though, should I still do this? This happened Sunday afternoon. When I started it with no water on it started and ran fine.
    It sounds like your fine. I wouldnt try the water without running thing again I think you may have just been lucky.

So it would have sounded or ran differently if anything was damaged? Thanks guys.

+1
    Your a lucky man

5 mins with water on

i would ride the crap outta that asap....

Can't ride it till this coming Sunday but if it started/ran fine should I be ok?

you should be fine if it didnt bogg down like it was running out of gas then it will be ok just make sure if it does do anything out of the ordinary wen you ride it take the plugs out and purge the water

Well I'm home now, and actually found the leak (started engine first, then water! lol), I reached farther up the line and found it feels as if it's been melted through by the engine.. it's this hose,

What is it, and do I need an OEM hose or can I buy it locally? It's a constant little stream of water leaking.. so I guess my engine wasn't being cooled as it should the other day :/

Oh, and I primed it just a little, pressed start, gave it a tiny bit of throttle and it fired right up.. actually better than it ever has, and idled better than usual too even.. so hopefully everything is fine after running the water through the other day.

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    Usually hoses like that can be found at your local auto parts store. Just take the old one with you, match up the size and cut it to length. You might as well change out any others that look like they could use it. Always make sure to replace the clamps also.

Glad to hear the ski is running good

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information