Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Why dont businesses want my money for performance parts...?

So I've had mustangs all my life. I know how bolt ons works, I know how built motors meant to race work. I've got both kinds of cars at home. But when I call companys and ask them doing stuff to my ski, they say its not worth it. That the only way anything is going to matter is by going into the engine. Well last time i looked my mustang with bolts performed better with exhaust, gears, cold air, pulleys, etc. No its not a beast but its alot better than stock. Easy air in, easy air out and something ti get you moving quicker, right?

So why would these guts tell me not to waste my money when all I want is to perform a little better than the next Guy that can only got 65 but I might hit 70. The whole fun of it passing someone when they think they are the fastest.

+1
    Most of it is because they are not knowledgeable. Have a look around here. We can show you the way.

You can easily add 5-100 hp with just bolt on's and not getting into the motor assuming its a 4-Stroke you are working on.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    Most of it is because they are not knowledgeable. Have a look around here. We can show you the way.

You can easily add 5-100 hp with just bolt on's and not getting into the motor assuming its a 4-Stroke you are working on.
    +1000

This is the place to be if you want to go from mild to wild and everything inbetween.

+1
    These things are that difficult to work on. Order a Riva stage 1. Everything in it comes with great instructions. You don't need a shop to mod your ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MacDaddy_rxpx View Post
    These things are that difficult to work on. Order a Riva stage 1. Everything in it comes with great instructions. You don't need a shop to mod your ski.
    Don't buy a kit. Pick and choose your parts to tailor to your needs and goals, but don't do this until you have scoured the threads and asked questions about mods. You will save a money and go faster getting a good knowledge base before dumping money into things.

+1
    So you only want to go around 70?

The best bang for your buck hands down is the X-charger, 42 LB Injectors, and 15/20 prop. If you don't have an intake grate already then I would also recommend that as a must have. You do those mods alone and you will be more then happy with the performance it will put out.

A smart admits!A wicked excuses!An idiot insists! mitsakosgt's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAShark View Post
    So you only want to go around 70?

The best bang for your buck hands down is the X-charger, 42 LB Injectors, and 15/20 prop. If you don't have an intake grate already then I would also recommend that as a must have. You do those mods alone and you will be more then happy with the performance it will put out.
    +1

+1
    What ski do you have?

Both 2007 gtx SC lmtd, gti se 155. I'm really just looking make them run a little fast but mostly more efficiently. Which these will boost speed, HP, and throttle response. But nothing crazy like adding a charger to the 155. I just want a few bolt ons to pass that other Guy on the water with a similar ski.

+1
    The gtx is easier to modify and you will get better performance out of it than the GTI. All you really can do to the gti is put an intake grate and an air intake on it. Possibly a prop as well but not really worth the money. It is an N.A. motor. So you are limited a bit. You could go turbo, but wouldn't recommend that idea. On the GTX, you could easily add an X-charger, 42's, a 15/20 (ish) possibly a 14/19 now that I actually think a little. Intake grate, 4 inch intake and you should be golden. Also get a bellow band. They are bad ass and work extremely well with the taller props.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information