Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seadoo rxt sat for a year need help!

Well due to tuff financial times with my family my jetskis sat in a garage for a year. They both have a little gas in them not alot, and i went and kicked them over every once in a while just to get everything pumping for a second or 2 and then would kill it. My question is: What should i do, im finally going to get them insured and get them out soon. Im just a little worried about the gas sitting in there for so long. Can i just mix some fresh 93 in there and be good to go? Thanks and sorry for all the questions.

When I had two strokes I was always afraid of old gas. I went to a junk yard and got a fuel pump from a older VW its on the frame rail, put some hoses on it and used it and a battery to pump fuel out of skis and burned it in my truck. I would think you could empty the fuel put fresh in and change the oil. I would wait for anybody to chime in on the pump I think the grease would be fine for a year, but guys on here seem very helpful they will know better than I

Thanks for the reply! I hope theres some way i can just fresh gas in there and it will mix up and be okay. And should i change the oil even tho i had it done about 6 hours ago? Got it done right before i stored them.

+1
    Pump the gas out unless you had stabil or something in it, change oil and plugs, look them over good and have fun!

Alrite thanks guys. I guess ill call around and start getting quotes. What should I expect to pay to have this done to a rxt and a yamaha fx cruiser I think it is.

+1
    Do it yourself. It will save you tons.... Plugs are easy. Oil is easy. Hardest part is getting the gas out. I would get a hand pump at NAPA for 15.00. You can use the same pump to get the oil out as well. OR, disconnect the line coming out of the OEM regulator and prime the rail by putting the key on and let the pump pump it out. It will only run for 5-8 seconds. So this gets repetitive. Hope you get it worked out. Also, put a bottle of Marine Sta-Bil in there. I usually double up to help out with the fuel system and its lines, injectors, etc....

+1
    A few reason I love the new 4tecs. They are very easy. Gas now a days last a little longer than it used to, but I would not got past 6-7 months, so as stated above you need to remove the gas. The way I do it is I remove the filler tube from off the top of the gas tank and then syphon out useing my oil boy pump extractor. Then pull one spark plug and go to oreally's auto parts as they carry the NGK plugs in your ski. Then change oil with the same oil boy pump. Check and make sure battery is good as the last thing you need is to try and have fun and the battery is shot.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    Check and make sure battery is good as the last thing you need is to try and have fun and the battery is shot.
    Yeah, No kidding on that one. Really gives you the red ass....

Cool

Awesome thanks for all the help guys. I guess I'm gunna do it myself. is there anything special I need to know or do so I don't mess anything up? I'm gunna do it in a week or 2 to both skis the yamalog and the rxt. I'm just gunna pump out the fuel, pump out the oil change oil filter, put in oil, change plugs and I'm good to go?? Sorry for all the questions I'm just paranoid ill mess something up lol.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray8188 View Post
    Awesome thanks for all the help guys. I guess I'm gunna do it myself. is there anything special I need to know or do so I don't mess anything up? I'm gunna do it in a week or 2 to both skis the yamalog and the rxt. I'm just gunna pump out the fuel, pump out the oil change oil filter, put in oil, change plugs and I'm good to go?? Sorry for all the questions I'm just paranoid ill mess something up lol.
    Nope, sounds like you have it right. Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information