Problems after I sucked up a rope in my intake

Hey everyone, while out riding my rxp i was at idle speed moving my ski to a new parking spot on the other side of the boat i was tied up to. I untied the stern rope and a buddy of mine untied the bow rope from the boat but not from my ski and i didnt know it. well i started to coast around the boat to the other side and sucked up the rope in my intake. Me and a buddy of mine toke it up on the beach and rolled it over on its side so i could see the rope and intake. It was wrapped around the rode and cut at the end. Now my ski is not running right. If at idle it is around 24 2500rpm's. its pose to be 1700's...and also when im just cruising like 30 or 40 its fine but if i start to get into it or hit any kind of chop it bogs down like its going to stall for a few seconds and then takes off again... any ideas of what i should do or whats wrong with it.

+1
    I had the same problem 2 weekends ago with wife sucking up ski rope. Check ur carbon seal and boot for that was my problem. If you do have to replace the carbon seal I cannot stress enough the benefit of ordering the speedfreaks bellow band night and day difference from the using just the boot.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    maybe had something to do with tipping it on its side for a long period of time?

thabks for the imput gys.. i will deff look intio both. Someone told me that being on its side for the 3 min i had it may have got oil in the spark plugs so ill check on that.

thabks for the imput gys.. i will deff look intio both. Someone told me that being on its side for the 3 min i had it may have got oil in the spark plugs so ill check on that.

Thread Information