I need an idea, whatcha got?

Im looking for an alternative way to mount the license plate. I have had it in the typical area under the tail lamp with a metal bracket and with a fabbed up hinge/links to allow the plate to swing... But now I would like to move the plate altoghether...
    I have seen some trailers with the plate on the fender...
    what do you guys have, show some pics for ideas please Thanks...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Im looking for an alternative way to mount the license plate. I have had it in the typical area under the tail lamp with a metal bracket and with a fabbed up hinge/links to allow the plate to swing... But now I would like to move the plate altoghether...
    I have seen some trailers with the plate on the fender...
    what do you guys have, show some pics for ideas please Thanks...
    I have thought long and hard about this before. I tell you, the plate on the fender just looks hill billy because you have to turn it on it's side.
    The only thing I could think of that would look fly is to somehow recess it into the frame channel and have a light similar to those on truck bumpers aluminate it. I still dont know how good it would look in the end.

Is it almost winter yet??? ProXR 440's Avatar
    +1
    2 place Tilt Snowmobile trailers mount the plate under the trailer by the axle since the back of the trailer tilts down and touches the ground. I don't see why it wouldn't be legal to mount it like that on a ski trailer. You could prbably mount it to a cross tube or the axle itself with some U bolts and a plate to mount the license plate too.

Quote Originally Posted by ProXR 440 View Post
    2 place Tilt Snowmobile trailers mount the plate under the trailer by the axle since the back of the trailer tilts down and touches the ground. I don't see why it wouldn't be legal to mount it like that on a ski trailer. You could prbably mount it to a cross tube or the axle itself with some U bolts and a plate to mount the license plate too.
    , that sounds doo-able since I don`t climb over the axle or near it while under the ski and it can be made to be flush with the bottom on the axle so it is not lower. I have a round tube cambered axle... thanks for the suggestion... I`ll look into what shakes out on this!

Kirk, yeah, I hear ya, bolting it to the top of the fender leaves one sharp edge exposed and does look "Piney"

Thread Information