Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

FZR/FZS vs. Kawasaki 300x

I was just wondering if anybody has come across a 300X yet??? I have seen on the "other forum" where guys are bragging about the incredible hole shot of the 1000+ pound "beast." Just wondering if it would be a close race stock to stock. I am at a lake with consistent smooth water so I'm not worried about getting hammered in the rough stuff by the beast.

I would assume that I should beat one even with the bypass module or whatever it is that they claim gains them a few mph by tricking the speedo with my current mods, right?

I saw one at the lake and he was breaking it in and could not race. Just curious about what I may be up against next week.....Thanks

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    Its time to represent Yamaha and SMOKE his ass!!

+1
    You can smoke him on smooth water. I have on light chop before, but they will destroy you on really rough stuff. I don't know how much better, if any, their holeshot is, but it doesn't take long to catch up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckbatts View Post
    I was just wondering if anybody has come across a 300X yet??? I have seen on the "other forum" where guys are bragging about the incredible hole shot of the 1000+ pound "beast." Just wondering if it would be a close race stock to stock. I am at a lake with consistent smooth water so I'm not worried about getting hammered in the rough stuff by the beast.

I would assume that I should beat one even with the bypass module or whatever it is that they claim gains them a few mph by tricking the speedo with my current mods, right?

I saw one at the lake and he was breaking it in and could not race. Just curious about what I may be up against next week.....Thanks
    I see this tread getting interesting. LOL.
    From what I read and hear, STOCK VS STOCK, the 1000 lb gorrila will hand most skis there ass because of the hole shot. In STOCK FORM, I think the 300 X and the FZs are evenly matched on top speed so if they pull you from the hole there is no chasing him down and passing him.
    I think it would be interesting to see what these skis would do if they were EVENLY modded, in flat and in ruff water. I just haven't read that anyone has seen 75 mph on a 300 X as of yet. What people always seem to forget is rider ability. You can't just pull the trigger and expect to kick everyones butt.
    I tell you; I am looking at 3 seaters now and it is going to be one of the hardest decisions that I have ever made. I owned Ultra 150's back in the day and never thought I would consider anything else from Kawasaki. Hell, for that matter, I still have trouble believing that I would own a Seadoo.

Go pick a fight with one of those 300s and let us know what happens.

+1
    I haven't got to race a stockish FZ with my 300, but my 300 acceleration feels faster than anything I have ridden up to about 70, including my stage 3 fzr. All yamaha would need to do to trump the 300 stock is put a similar 160 pump and a few more psi.

Quote Originally Posted by no_more_rice View Post
    That's saying a hell of alot for an essentially stock ski...how much money do most FZR owners have in mods with the wheel, ECU reflash, prop blah blah?
    Thing is it's hard to compare 207hp to 300 hp at 17.3 psi plus a way more efficient pump. That's a race ski right there in stock form.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by #22gpr View Post
    Thing is it's hard to compare 207hp to 300 hp at 17.3 psi plus a way more efficient pump. That's a race ski right there in stock form.
    True, but thats also 300 HP being squeezed out of a smaller motor isn't it? Lets face it, guys like to mod skis and the Kawi will wind up topping out sooner just from lack of cubic inches.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by no_more_rice View Post
    Plenty of people run alot more boost on EVO motors and they seem to hold together. As long as you have enough fuel, boost isn't necessarily going to compromise reliability (as long as the motor is built for it)

Yamaha needs to drop a six cylinder in a jumbo sized FZR for 2012
    V6 FZR.....Hummmm. I like it.

As far as adding more boost to the Kawi, at 17.3, realistically, your not going to be adding very much more.

No more rice, I agree assuming stock vs stock the 300x wins by a decent margin. However, it is my understanding that a 300x would cost me an extra $1500 or so. When I bought my FZS, I checked into the rxt-x and the ultra 260. I was a cheap bastard partially and went with the much less expensive ski. For this savings, I could get a reflash, wheel and a few other goodies and still pay out the same as a stock 300x. I'm not bashing it....if I bought a ski today, I would consider the 300x because my wife and son ride with me some and it would be much more cozy on rougher days.

Rice, have you raced any yet? Excuse me if you have already answered this. Is the hole shot as advertised by others?

+1
    Reflash kills your warranty though, doesn't it? Something to consider and important to some.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information