Thread: Strange things?

60% of the time, it works every time.

Strange things?

I just got done reading a post and a few ppl started telling some stories about strange, odd, or dumb things they've seen on the water. Just wondering what some of the strangest things everyone have come across, Can either be something funny that happend to you or your ski, or just something you saw.

I came up on a couple of guys standing next to something in the water and there was a GPR floating near by. When I got closer, I realized they each had a 1300, one was floating, the other was flipped upside down and they were "working" on the rideplate. I asked if they needed any help and the owner of the skis told me that the one just started running slow. I guess they decided that it must be something hanging down so they flipped the ski over, in the water and proceeded to checking all the bolts. I guess they didn't realized that this would cause the ski to fill with water. what was worse, it was in a shallow area with a mud base so when we flipped the ski back over, not only was it half sunk, but the bars were caked in mud from them sinking down into the muck. This was probably the only thing that kept the ski from completely sinking. We got it flipped back over, pulled it as far onto the shore as possible, dumped it on its side to remove as much water as possible, pulled the plugs, cranked it over to expell as much water as possible, put the plugs back in and fired it up. it ran well enough to get him back to the ramp. Nothing real crazy, but I fould it a little odd.

I you guys with years of riding under your belts have some great stories, lets hear them.

+1
    lol nice story. I think we have all seen our fair share of dumb people at loading ramps.

I was out in the ocean with 2 other FZs and all of us are very expierenced riders. These two 200lbs each guys on a older (2004-6) RXP 215 flag us down and ask where they can get new gas because they are convinced they have water in their gas because their ski will only go 55mph currently as opposed to 75. I tell the guy that 55mph is about right for the ocean conditions and for riding 2 up on a small ski. He tells me I have to be wrong and idles back 3 miles to a marina. I'd still love to see that stock rxp 215 do 75... lol

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    Funny you should mention it, as far as we can figure, a guy didn't bother to check if his 18' Starcraft was secured to the trailer this afternoon. That poor boat left a 100' fiberglass skid mark down Hwy. 395, before it wound up in the ditch. I wish I could have taken some pics. Luckily it went to the right as it came off the trailer and not left into on coming traffic.

+1
    Picture this: a 20ish foot fiberglass boat on a roller bunk trailer....very steep boat launch ramp....guy unhooks the winch and all the straps in the staging area....can you guess what happened???

Yep...he starts backing down the launch and the boat rolls off the trailer and skids along the concrete. He then winches it back up (scrapping and skidding on the concrete) onto the trailer and leaves the launch. Weekend ruined for him I guess.

+1
    guy was swimming at my loading ramp yesterday........ and continued to swim as boats were launching..... idiots.

A few weeks ago, I`m coming back in from a decent ride and heading towards the dock/ramp, I see a SUV with 2 ski`s on a double trailer backing down the ramp. I yield to them and give them "plenty" of room
    and tie up quite a few boat lengths aways. I notice that they have regular nylon yellow rope that appears to be way to long wrapped many times around the steering bars on the one ski. while this in in progress, another vehicle flys into the parking lot and an OLD guy and old lady rush over to the ski`s, which apparently is their friend. Now the ski`s have been launched and are tied up to the piling alongside the ramp and the SUV goes to park... As I`m walking over to my car I look over my shoulder to notice that the ski`s are drifting towards my machine bc the rope is 5 miles to long and as I rush back to the bulkhead, to late, the guys ski hits mine that is just sitting there... I look at the 2nd old guy (about 10 years on me) and say, what are you doing???, why arent you holding the rope or machine??? The guy looks at me with a befuddled look and says huh? I jump in the water and move my ski further down and yell to them, for christs sake I gave you ramp etiquette and you bafoons allow your ski`s to hit another ski, we are the only ones here, what`s the problem???. The driver of the SUV comes right over and apologizes and explains that he doesn`t understand why his friend is such in a rush. meanwhile his friend is now on the ski with the rope still wrapped around the bars and he has the rope all over himself as well and starts to drift towards me again... this time I`m right there and grab his ski and push him away and ask him do you even know what the hell you are doing!!! he just looks at me... then this assclown tries to start his ski with me standing in the water several feet right behind him and I yell over, Don`t even think about it, I yell to him do you even have a certificate to ride??? he reply`s " it expired last year" I`m like WTF, and push his ski out in deeper water, he knew I was pissed and i told him don`t come close to the dock again, so he goes out into the middel of the river and rides in circles with the rope still wrapped around the bars and himself...lol... again meanwhile the cool guy is embarrassed and apologizes again, and the 2 of us are holding a decent conversation while attending to our ski`s. He goes on to explain his Honda is a brand new left over and this is his maiden voyage. I wish him luck, give him a hand into deeper waters and they`re off...
    looking back at the first baffoon, he still has the 50ft yellow nylon rope all over the bars and himself... classic...

I can`t even begin to tell you how many people start up there ski`s while there are kids and people in the water close by holding their boats or ski during low tide, they will start up the ski and scream from the dock shooting shells , stones and crap from their pumps... effin ignorance

Last summer as I'm launching at the ramp, a group of college students pulled up with an old 18' Starcraft. Five of them were on the boat, on the trailer, while the other was backing up the truck... As the truck was backing up, one of them decides to start the boat and rev the engine continuously. I was surprised when they actually made it to the water without overheating, but things only got worse. They had a dock line tied to a cleat on the stern of the boat, but they decided it wasn't necessary and just let it hang in the water. They went to take off and I saw the rope pull taught. The motor stopped, but they had absolutely no idea why. I just watched them struggle for a while (Mainly just trying to turn the engine over), but after 10 minutes I couldn't take it anymore. I got on my ski to go ride and as I passed I said, "You might want to check the rope on the stern." Their faces were priceless!

I'd rather be jet skiing Saltwater n Premix's Avatar
    +1
    I was launching my ski at the beach last year, and as I'm going thru getting my booties on and life jacket and checking the drain plugs are in and warming the ski on the trailer in the water, some dumbass on a FX Cruiser SHO comes over to watch his friend launch his ski who backed in next to me maybe 25 feet down the beach, I was a little irked that the other guy decided to launch his ski right next to me on an otherwise empty shoreline but didn't say anything. Then the guy on the FX is drifting between me and the other guy launching as if there was alot of room to begin with, I looked at him kinda aggravated he doesn't catch on. He's now drifting 5 feet away from me and I say "hey, watch it". He does NOTHING. His ski bumped into my trailers wheel well and I angrily pushed his ski away and yelled at him "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?? KEEP YOUR FUCKING DISTANCE FROM MY SKI YOU IDIOT!" And his friend launching the ski looked at him and shook his head as if to say "Wtf man?" He started it up nearly on shore, put it in reverse and rode in circles 20 feet offshore waiting for his friend without saying a word. I may have overreacted a little bit but I have no tolerance for someone whos that stupid on a ski.

Thread Information