Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

More GM madness!!

Here's a good one ... GM CEO wants Fed. Government to raise fuel taxes $1.00 in order to "nudge consumers toward more fuel-efficient cars" in other words to get more people to buy the crappy Volt! When will this GM madness end!!??

http://nation.foxnews.com/culture/20...gher-gas-taxes

+1
    And, what a surprise... GM stock hits a 52 week low.

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnal...Today-GM-.aspx

absolutely no doubt Nobama will approve that crap... government motors...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    Here's a good one ... GM CEO wants Fed. Government to raise fuel taxes $1.00 in order to "nudge consumers toward more fuel-efficient cars" in other words to get more people to buy the crappy Volt! When will this GM madness end!!??

http://nation.foxnews.com/culture/20...gher-gas-taxes
    WTF! this shit drives me crazy. more taxes, another great idea. gov't needs to get out of the way

IMO> this is a perfect example of why american car companys suck... and I was a Ford loyalist for 90% of my driving life...
    and I agree, politics should stay the hell out of the working man`s way... its the shirts at the top that screw it up for the Blue collar workers that built this country... shit rolls downhill, not up...

american cars dont suck. not anymore anyway. g.m and chrysler suck for screwin over their stockholder with the help of the gov't. ford and toyota all the way!!! IMO the gov't put out a hit job on toyota. remember that? didnt work tho! screw obama, screw congress, scew em all!!!

+1
    I can't believe that more people don't get furious over this crap... it is just ridiculous what they will try to get away with if we let them! GM just won't quit.... 50 billion wasn't enough for them. Why don't they just try to get the Obama admin to pass a law making it illegal to buy any other car brand... maybe then they can make ends meet! I would make my own car before I bought another GM!

+1
    There will never be a separation of politics in the ''American'' auto industry, thanks in part to the UAW. But that is another story in it's entirety.

As low down and dirty as GM's attempt seemingly is in asking for help, you have to understand where they are coming from. I am in no way condoning GM's behavior, but it was in fact the very government they are seeking help from that pushed them into developing this bullshit technology, that they cannot sell.

For the record...I absolutely believe the method in which they are seeking help, is asinine....

IMO> The average American family with children and pets aren`t ready for the electric vehicles that provide nothing but transportation from point A to point B. The retiree`s would rather drive their 500HP caddy`s with their handicap placard hanging from the mirror.
    The cost associated with owning an electric vehicle is not saving anyone any money if researched how its passed down all the way into how that electricity is made/produced.
    The costs have been passed onto the tax payers once again, and I hope more people realize just what NObama`s agenda really is. To increase fossil fuel prices as well as fossil fueled vehicles. it is a joke...
    The charging stations are not in place nationwide. The electric vehicle can not do anything but commute, they can not tow... I don`t think American`s are ready to settle for a "nothing of a vehicle" and then what, have a gas guzzler for towing the camper or boat, yeah that makes sense... we have plenty of small gasoline cars getting 32+ mpg and diesels topping over 47 mpg...
    I have to laugh everytime I see the Yukon hybrid in my neighborhood pass my house
    just hearing their lead foot tells me they aren`t saving one dime...
    so the administration and the tree huggers continue to lead this country down the wrong path! effin stupid people...
    we still have the resources to fuel our fossil fuel vehicles and produce cleaner energy over time and gradually make the transition instead of skyrocketing costs to the American people/Joe tax payer to further put this country in the crapper...
    who does that benefit???

yes american cars have come a long way, but to little to late! they have to earn the trust of the people again and GM`s last stunt just sent them backwards. Everyone has their favorite brands, but function, savings, practicality take presidence over snake oil and recalls. Just look how far hyundai has come! someone was paying attention, obviously just not our own auto manufacturers, crap, even Diamler bailed on the pentastar!...
    anyway, what people can afford to run talks and bullshit walks...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    so the administration and the tree huggers continue to lead this country down the wrong path! effin stupid people... we still have the resources to fuel our fossil fuel vehicles and produce cleaner energy over time and gradually make the transition instead of skyrocketing costs to the American people/Joe tax payer to further put this country in the crapper...
    Andy have you heard the latest?
    Obama pledges to bail out the economy... OF GREECE!!!
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/43321461

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information