Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Prohibido usuario
    +1

Anyone here have the ability the construct a circuit relay from a schematic?

I need to have this relay http://www.the12volt.com/relays/page5.asp#pts assembled for a project I am working on. Need 2 of them. Beyond my ability. Appreciate the help.

Which one are you doing?? The pulsed from steady output or the latched on/off circuit??

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Pulsed to Steady Output

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    Pulsed to Steady Output
    Simple enough circuit to build.

I can do it, but already have WAY to many things going on. If nobody else steps up, send me a PM.

Do you have a local electronics repair shop? Any competent shop should be able to wire the parts together. The hard part is building it in a manner that won't corrode or fall apart over time.

The actual relay and weatherized relay socket would probably come from a local automotive supply store (very common items). The other electronic bits are fairly common, but the 10,000 microfarad capacitor might need to be ordered.

I would probably add a transistor for the coil load and thereby utilize a much smaller capacitor and vastly reduced diode current surge. Would be a fun little benchtop exercise to do, time permitting...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    I need to have this relay http://www.the12volt.com/relays/page5.asp#pts assembled for a project I am working on. Need 2 of them. Beyond my ability. Appreciate the help.
    What exactly are you trying to do ?
    And what make and model car?

I don't under stand the need for the additional circuitry.
    The vehicles I'm familiar with have constant signals from the turn signal switch ...Before going to a Flasher or lighting module (relay ) that interupt the voltages- causing the blinking.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by casey67 View Post
    What exactly are you trying to do ?
    And what make and model car?

I don't under stand the need for the additional circuitry.
    The vehicles I'm familiar with have constant signals from the turn signal switch ...Before going to a Flasher or lighting module (relay ) that interupt the voltages- causing the blinking.
    Look in the other toys section for my trike build. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...-Trike-Project The turn signal switches are a pulse switch to a module that handles the auto cancel and hazard functions. it outputs to the turn signal in a pulse to make them blink. Problem is the LED signals I have need a constant voltage because the do there own sequential arrow. The duration with the module is not long enough for all 5 arrows to light up.

Yeah K447 I can do the Tyco relay and socket. The rest I do not understand. To weather proof I will probably be liberal with the liquid tape and shrink tube.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Ah, now we are getting somewhere. Point me at the technical specs for that sequential LED turn signal.
    Edit: Found it, I think
    Current Draw Range @ 13.5 VDC: 0.070~0.760 Amp (70~760 ma)

The Enforcer SA-026Q Low-Voltage Miniature Delay Timer Module would do the job (one per side for turn LED signals, plus one relay per side).

The KH228 from ICS timers would also work. No idea how much they cost or what the minimum order might be.

The ICS timer module directly drives the relay coil so all you need to do is to wire in the module.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    rodney would you be able to retrofit the module they have for the sequential tail lights on mustangs to work on your application?

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    rodney would you be able to retrofit the module they have for the sequential tail lights on mustangs to work on your application?
    No idea.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    I see what you are saying. I could use some of those K447. The only issues I would have is loosing the hazard function and containing/waterproofing everything. I also already have a turn/stop module to handle everything. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/h...t=100_3719.mp4

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information