Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

06 RXT losing power & RPM'S

I am new to the forum, need help with my 06 rxt running X charger, 42lbs injectors, and X's intercooler. I'm notice last week it was losing power and losing RPM's. Please I need help as to what the problem could be.

+1
    How much you talking about? 100s? 1000s? (of RPMs)

If small it might just be warmer weather

If big could be supercharger clutch slipping

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_man_luke View Post
    How much you talking about? 100s? 1000s? (of RPMs)

If small it might just be warmer weather

If big could be supercharger clutch slipping
    +1

Need more info

Hey , thank you guys for replying back. Its loosing about 200 rmps i think, it usually turns about 8100 rpms. Now, I'm noticing that it does it from time to time. I got a boost gauge and when it looses power it will boost like 6lbs-7lbs and then the rpms dropeed to like 6500-7000. Then when i parked the jetski for like 20 minutes I notice it goes out strong boost the 10lbs and then I loose power again. I have not check my supercharger yet to see if it is slipping, haven't check anything yet planning to start checking this weekend. Thank you guys please, reply back with suggestion, I really appreciated it.

+1
    Welcome to Greenhulk

Sounds like either SC slipping or a boost leak. Being that it does not do it all the time I would say SC slipping.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxt25 View Post
    Hey , thank you guys for replying back. Its loosing about 200 rmps i think, it usually turns about 8100 rpms. Now, I'm noticing that it does it from time to time. I got a boost gauge and when it looses power it will boost like 6lbs-7lbs and then the rpms dropeed to like 6500-7000. Then when i parked the jetski for like 20 minutes I notice it goes out strong boost the 10lbs and then I loose power again. I have not check my supercharger yet to see if it is slipping, haven't check anything yet planning to start checking this weekend. Thank you guys please, reply back with suggestion, I really appreciated it.
    Try a new set of spark plugs.

+1
    Change your plugs. That's where I would start.

Checked the supercharger and it is NOT slipping. There has to be a boost leak somewhere? I will try to put a new set of spark plugs. Intercooler hoses look fine as well. Cleaned out the intercooler yesterday. Oil level is good. Any suggestion where the boost leak might be? Thank you guys for the help.

+1
    If it was a boost leak I would think it would do it all the time. Try some news plugs like everyone else is saying.
    Or it could be a loose connection on something. I was having a problem with my coil packs popping off the spark plugs awhile back. If the coil packs are not seated all the way down on the plugs the ski will act like what you are describing also. I removed the plastic engine cover so I could keep an eye on the coil packs.

I do notice what you describe avobe about the coil packs popping off the spark plugs. How do you resolved this issue? Does this mean that the coils are bad? Why do they pop out like this?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information