Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Riva High Boost Superchargers Fueling Recommendation

I've been reading a bit of conflicting information on this site partaining to the functionality of the required "fueling" needs for the Riva high boost superchargers - namely the XX & XXX chargers.

From Riva's high boost sc installation instructions -

"Requires RIVA Pro-Series ECU, RIVA Pro-Series Fuel Injectors (50lb) & RIVA Fuel Pressure Regulator Kit for correct calibration."

I have read posts where members are saying that the Riva 50lb injectors are unable to function properly with this configuration do to "locking up" at pressures with the boost reference line hooked up.

Is there anyone here who is successfully running these chargers with Riva's fueling "requirements" - mentioned above? Using the Riva 50lb injectors?

Thanks,

Craigo

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigo View Post
    I've been reading a bit of conflicting information on this site partaining to the functionality of the required "fueling" needs for the Riva high boost superchargers - namely the XX & XXX chargers.

From Riva's high boost sc installation instructions -

"Requires RIVA Pro-Series ECU, RIVA Pro-Series Fuel Injectors (50lb) & RIVA Fuel Pressure Regulator Kit for correct calibration."

I have read posts where members are saying that the Riva 50lb injectors are unable to function properly with this configuration do to "locking up" at pressures with the boost reference line hooked up.

Is there anyone here who is successfully running these chargers with Riva's fueling "requirements" - mentioned above? Using the Riva 50lb injectors?

Thanks,

Craigo

I have et wheel boosting 13.5 at 8140 rpm... I have riva 50's and They are working for the moment.. but I will be switching to bosch. They have been proven to flow better at high pressures. Hope this helps yah.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturm215 View Post
    Hope this helps yah.
    Thanks - it's exactly what I'm looking for.

Now, anybody with a Riva ECU?

+1
    Nobody?

+1
    Nobody?
    Just get bosch 48s bro.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    Just get bosch 48s bro.
    Thanks Ocman, but I would like someone to verify the Riva Requirements.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Thanks Ocman, but I would like someone to verify the Riva Requirements.
    Most have found that the Riva (delphi) fuel injectors will lock up at the pressures that are needed to run them, as they don't flow fuel anything like bosch injectors. Some lock in the low 60's... others in the 70's. I highly recommend that you stay away from them! Who wants to pay $350 bucks for a shitty set of injectors anyway???

Bosch 48's & 50's both work perfectly with the Riva ecu, and I've never even heard of one locking up.... regardless of fuel pressure.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    Most have found that the Riva (delphi) fuel injectors will lock up at the pressures that are needed to run them, as they don't flow fuel anything like bosch injectors. Some lock in the low 60's... others in the 70's. I highly recommend that you stay away from them! Who want's to pay $350 bucks for a shitty set of injectors anyway???

Bosch 48's & 50's both work perfectly with the Riva ecu, and I've never even heard of one locking up.... regardless of fuel pressure.
    what he said

+1
    i have never had issues with the delphi ones until recently the idle started acting funny, they are a few yrs old too, using riva ECU, i installed the bosch style injectors bored out to 50lbs

+1
    There are several factors involved when selecting the injectors needed. Are you planning on running a RRFPR or simply a FPR (RRFPR without the boost reference). Do you plan on running an adjustable fuel control system such as the Rude? I had problems with the Delphi 50s supplying enough fuel while running the Riva ECU with the mods in my sig. With the boost line attached I kept adding fuel (trying to reach 8550 RPM safely while monitoring AFRs) by adjust the base pressure. At 62-63 psi I reached an AFR of around 12.2-12.3. I think at that base pressure I had one of the injectors (#3 cylinder) begin locking up due to the increased pressure added by the RRFPR. I leaned out the cylinder and caused the piston to melt right at the exaust side near the rings.

I have since tried a set of Bosch 48s and at 8100 RPM and the base pressure set somewhere just below 80 PSI the WOT AFRs were right at 11.8 consistant. With this setup the low and mid RPMs were pig rich. The Rude controller was set at all 10s (no change to fueling). I managed to smack the bottom of the ski in some rocks so didnt get to play with the Rude or make adjustments to the prop to increase RPMs that day.

I should be back on the water in two weeks. I pulled the 48s and added the Bosch 50s so I can lower the base pressure a bit. (I dont like running the high pressures on the fuel pump). I shouldnt have any problems cleaning up the low and mid RPM range with the Rude and without running the boost reference.

Hopefully this will give you a little insight as to what I have experienced with the Riva (Delphi) injectors.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information