Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1996 Yamaya Wave Venture

I am new to this and I have tried other PWC Forums but can't get anyone to help out. I took my ski out of storage and fired it up and let it run for a about of minute or so, with water hose attached all the water was curculating fine. I turned off to power wash machine and then I tried to restart, it just acted like was a low battery, so I went a bought a new battery and the same thing. It turns over and just sound like a weak battery. Friend told me to check the ground, I installed a new ground and smae thing. I have a new starter that I ordered, but my question(s) are. Could it be the starter and the soleniod, and where are they located and what do I have to do to replace it.

sorry for all the spelling errors, was in a hurry.

I hope you can fix it.. i just bought a 1997.. runs nice.. do you know where the grease points are on these skis?

No I sure don't. Mine ran perfect, just don't know what is up with why it won't start. I have a yamaha dealer up the road that is going to take a look at.

+1
    Did you disconnect the water hose before turning it off? If not, you probably got water inside the motor.

Now that I think about I did not turn off water first I killed the motor and then the water. But I have done that before with no problem so did not think it would hurt. I did find out that you are not suppose to do that because water can build up in the cylinders. Something about the water goes through the exaust.

+1
    Yes, the water can fill up the exhaust and go into the engine. You may have also filled up your waterbox. That may make it a bit harder to start if it has to try and push all the water out. After you blow the water out by goosing the throttle a few times, does it start any better? You can try this without attaching the hose if you only run the ski for 15 to 20 seconds, but not much longer than that. See if it starts any easier after blow out the waterbox.

+1
    pull the spark plugs out and hit the start button. If you see a spray come out its water in the motor

Water did come out of the cylinders. I did notice when I changed the negative terminal, which I had to remove the exhaust, there was water in the tube leading to the back of the ski. But I believe it drained into the hull, becase I have not hooked that part back up. How do I get all the water out of the motor, just keep trying to start it without the plugs. I'll try once I get back home today.

I took spark plugs while I was home for lunch and turned it over, water did spit out, but battery seems dead know so I wil try again once I get home. I am worreid about rust in the cylinders, is there something I can put in the cylinder hole to help keep that from happening. How else can I get all the water out of the motor, do I jsut keep on the start button till its all out.

Just got home I pulled plugs out and hit the starter button, water spit out . I did this several times in 10 second intervals, I put just a cap full of mix in ecah cylinder. put plugs in and tried, butjust sounded like it is dead battery. I tried a couple of time, and then nothing hit the button and nothing. Could the starter be out, solenoid out. Positive wire seem to get a little warm, but I don't know what is normal. Where is the starter located and solenoid and how do I switch out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information