Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quoted 13,005 for a new VXR. Average price?

Went today looking to purchase one. 8k in hand finance the rest at $600 month. Out the door price with trailer, was told 13,005. I told them i would get back to them. Trying a yamaha place now. I find that kind of high. Was wondering if there is a better deal to be made?

+1
    Well the VXR costs 11,199 msrp so I doubt you will get any off of that because it is a brand new 2011 ski. A single trailer should run you about 800$. So I would try to get the dealer to knock off freight/ prep to get the price down to about 12,000-12,500. IMO that's a middle of the road price. Shop around, thats your best bet at saving some coin.

I bought a vxr 3 weeks ago and my wife got a SD 155 limited. We both got 250$ off msrp, they gave us a dual trailer for free, she got to pick any life jacket she wanted for free and they gave me a descent cover for mine free (hers came with one). The best part is they gave us all that up front, no haggle.

Thanks for the info. I was thinking people are haggleing them down to 11k out the door. I was quoted 12,600 by yamaha but all they have is the silver. I want blue. Called back the other place and asked if they can beat that with their blue one. They will not budge off of 13k. Talked to his boss and he said they will work on it. I drove to both places today, about 200 miles and seen what they have in stock. Now working this on the ph0ne between the 2. Not many places to haggle in Lafayette louisiana.

+1
    I have seen some for $10,500 on sale. But somtime they say that was the last one at that price when you get there. good luck.

Heres what I learned buying my ski last week. Found 2 2010 SHO's in my area, both places wanted them gone. One place said 11k botom dollar that was their payoff, other place said they would give it to me for their cost which was $9500. I found out yamaha will allow smaller dealers to finance inventory while others get better deals if they buy out right. Ended up with the black one (wanted the red) for the cheaper price. Paid frt, no prep.

This is starting to turn into a rat race. Lafayette power sports updated the 13k quote saying that did not include trailer. lol Best they can do is the blue one ready for saturday is 13,600 total with trailer shipped from new orleans. Called Yam dealership again, 12,600 with trailer out the door but minus lanyard, cover and fire ext.. Think i will pay the extra and get the color I want and complete.

Quote Originally Posted by TxJole View Post
    Heres what I learned buying my ski last week. Found 2 2010 SHO's in my area, both places wanted them gone. One place said 11k botom dollar that was their payoff, other place said they would give it to me for their cost which was $9500. I found out yamaha will allow smaller dealers to finance inventory while others get better deals if they buy out right. Ended up with the black one (wanted the red) for the cheaper price. Paid frt, no prep.
    the only thing here is that there's no "last year's VXR" since it started this year...

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Wait till 2012 or get an FZR for DIRT cheap.

I would think u would get a better deal from the dealership that gets a better price from the factory.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information