New EMM Virage 800i

I have an Polaris Virage 800i 2003, with an missing EMM. And now i am going to buy a new one, but i am not really sure on a couple of things like:

If a buy an new EMM, do I also have to buy new injectors so i get an floppy disc/ cd with the data to match them to the EMM, or can I do that with the numbers on the injectors?

Is there something else you have to do with an new EMM, more than matching the injectors?

/ Rickard

Your injectors are required to be flow matched to the EMM. Your best bet would be to try and get the EMM and the injectors it was hooked up to and swap them out. Otherwise, yes you would have to buy new injectors and have them flow matched to the emm with the floppy disk and that would require sending them to someone who has digital wrench like DFI technologies.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofalltrades View Post
    Your injectors are required to be flow matched to the EMM.

Your best bet would be to try and get the EMM and the injectors it was hooked up to and swap them out.

Otherwise, yes you would have to buy new injectors and have them flow matched to the EMM with the floppy disk and that would require sending them to someone who has Digital Wrench like DFI Technologies.
    All correct except the last point.

If you have brand new 'Service Replacement' injectors with the floppy disc, all you need to program the EMM is the connection cable between laptop computer and the PWC wire harness. Digital Wrench not required, as far as I know.

And some way to boot up the laptop using that floppy disc Each floppy disc (one comes with each injector) can only be used with the exact injector it came with, and the disc only used with the first EMM it is programmed with.

Another option if you have a known good EMM is to purchase a known bad EMM with matching injectors. Then a service shop with the Digital Wrench software can transfer the injector data from the 'bad' EMM to your good EMM, and then you can use those injectors with your good EMM.

Thanks for the correction . I was under the impression that you still needed digital wrench to run the floppy file. Are the cables widely available or is that a DIY project?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofalltrades View Post
    ... Are the cables widely available or is that a DIY project?
    Ficht EMM cable info in the Ficht section from my signature links.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    All correct except the last point.

If you have brand new 'Service Replacement' injectors with the floppy disc, all you need to program the EMM is the connection cable between laptop computer and the PWC wire harness. Digital Wrench not required, as far as I know.

And some way to boot up the laptop using that floppy disc Each floppy disc (one comes with each injector) can only be used with the exact injector it came with, and the disc only used with the first EMM it is programmed with.

Another option if you have a known good EMM is to purchase a known bad EMM with matching injectors. Then a service shop with the Digital Wrench software can transfer the injector data from the 'bad' EMM to your good EMM, and then you can use those injectors with your good EMM.

So if i got i right, I buy an new EMM and 2 new injectors, and with every injector i will get an floppy disc with each injectors information on.

Then i just have to connect my virage to an computer with the right programme and cable to match the injectors to the EMM? Right?

And I canít use my old injectors because I donít have the information that is on the floppy disc, and the numbers on the injector label is useless, because you cant match them to the EMM with that numbers?

Any one have an idea on where I can buy these things on the internet and have them shipped to Finland?

/ Rickard

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RunkiZ View Post
    So if i got i right, I buy an new EMM and 2 new injectors, and with every injector i will get an floppy disc with each injectors information on.
    Correct

Then i just have to connect my virage to an computer with the right programme and cable to match the injectors to the EMM? Right?

And I can’t use my old injectors because I don’t have the information that is on the floppy disc, and the numbers on the injector label is useless, because you can't match them to the EMM with that numbers?
    Correct

Any one have an idea on where I can buy these things on the internet and have them shipped to Finland?

/ Rickard
    You have most of it correct

The necessary programme is included on each floppy disc - it is a DOS program. So you need to find a laptop that can BOOT from the floppy disc.

Service replacement injectors can be purchased online from any of the Polaris parts OEM sources.

Connectors and cable assembly info can be found through my signature links.

The alternative is to purchase another good used EMM with a matched set of injectors, and install that as a kit.

A NEW EMM is lists for $1350, injectors are almost $450 each.....you could buy a whole running ski for $2200+!!

Now I have finally (or actually is my fathers PWC) got the new EMM and the fuel injectors. The engine starts with the new EMM and the injectors, but my question is:

When you buy an new EMM, are there any injector (fuel compensations values) added to the new EMM?
    How much could a injector differ in flow rate to another injector?

I know you have to match the injectors to the EMM, but there are no one here in Sweden or Finland who are authorized Polaris PWC dealer to do that, so you see my problem.
    We are trying to find someone to do that. But if the injectors don't differ that much in flow value, maybe we could chance to run it anyway, without blowing a piston.

For the life of me I cant remember where I read it, but, the injectors have a scan bar printed on them. Supposedly if you have the correct software and scanner, that scan bar contains all the flow information on the injector.

Thread Information