How long have you?????????

Hi, took out my 2008 rxt today on Candlewood lake Ct. Just put on my charger that Jerry rebuilt over the winter. After about an hour of anywhere from 6500rpms to 8040rpms I held it on 7800rpms for, four min and 22 seconds. Boy did I cover some area. Being as big as this lake is I did not cover the same water twice. My question now is what is the correct rpm and when does the rev limiter kick in? And last question what is the longest time you have held the throtle wide open? Air temp 90 and water 78.....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by H2oinmyveins View Post
    Hi, took out my 2008 rxt today on Candlewood lake Ct. Just put on my charger that Jerry rebuilt over the winter. After about an hour of anywhere from 6500rpms to 8040rpms I held it on 7800rpms for, four min and 22 seconds. Boy did I cover some area. Being as big as this lake is I did not cover the same water twice. My question now is what is the correct rpm and when does the rev limiter kick in? And last question what is the longest time you have held the throtle wide open? Air temp 90 and water 78.....
    That's a little long I think. Only 7800 Rpms. A little low yes?

My '06 GTX LTD was acting a bit sluggish last year. I floored it for around 10 miles and it got peppy again. I'm generally ride it pretty easy and I think it needed a blow-out.

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    ride it around get some fresh fuel in it.

if it doesnt come up a bit..you may ned to repitch ..if you are after max performance..the rev limit is 8200 you should see 8140 or 8160 they go in 20 increments..you dont neet to hold it for as long buy 5 to 10 seconds after it is up to speed..should do it.

+1
    I have run a stock RXP for 60 miles straight WOT, and it did not miss a beat. the whole time. We went to eat at a local spot on the water and I was late getting off, so I made up some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    I have run a stock RXP for 60 miles straight WOT, and it did not miss a beat. the whole time. We went to eat at a local spot on the water and I was late getting off, so I made up some time.
    I feel like I'd be almost out of gas WOT for 60 miles lol.

+1
    Before mods I would fill her up, run her open until the fuel buzzer annoyed me, refuel (two cans, 11-12 gallons), and run her open until the buzzer again. They were usually two hour rides. The good ol' days... hahahaa Now I run her hard, cruise so she can cool, then repeat for a couple of tanks. Nothin' like a wide open, three click down, gravity defying corner, layin' down a wall of water... If I can hit the next corner with water still falling, it was a good corner. I need to ride. Fuel pumps, here I come!

Quote Originally Posted by Mothman View Post
    Nothin' like a wide open, three click down, gravity defying corner, layin' down a wall of water... If I can hit the next corner with water still falling, it was a good corner.
    Now that's how I like to ride! I was also wondering how long you can safely hold it WOT without being abusive to the motor? Think the most I've held it WOT is like 25 seconds or so...lol.

Also, I notice on real hot and humid days the RPMs are down. My supercharged Ford Lightning also suffers in high heat and humidity. Normally WOT on the RXP shows around 8140 on the gauge, but the other day when it was super hot and humid, it wasn't even breaking 8000. My neighbor with his RXT also commented about being down on RPMs in the heat and humidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothman View Post
    Before mods I would fill her up, run her open until the fuel buzzer annoyed me, refuel (two cans, 11-12 gallons), and run her open until the buzzer again. They were usually two hour rides. The good ol' days... hahahaa Now I run her hard, cruise so she can cool, then repeat for a couple of tanks. Nothin' like a wide open, three click down, gravity defying corner, layin' down a wall of water... If I can hit the next corner with water still falling, it was a good corner. I need to ride. Fuel pumps, here I come!
    Wow that is good to here! I was alittle under WOT when running 7800rpm's. The day was calm and no one was on the lake. It was a great day....

Thread Information