need help 95 sea doo gtx

Just bought it guy said carb needed clean ... so I puled it off and the intake was full of what looked to be mixing oil for the gas ... does any one know how or what I might need to do or whats my problem is ... thanks for the help

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    why did you pull off the intake? all you need to do is pull the carbs out and rebuild them. replace the needle and seats, and clean the carb screens. change out the fuel lines and clean out the fuel selector valve. replace the spark plugs also.
    as for the oil you will have the oil in the intake and in the bottom of the crank case. its all fed by the tank that feeds the carbs too. your going to need to refill that tank about every 2 1/2 tanks of gas but try to do it every two

+1
    why did you pull off the intake? all you need to do is pull the carbs out and rebuild them. replace the needle and seats, and clean the carb screens. change out the fuel lines and clean out the fuel selector valve. replace the spark plugs also.
    as for the oil you will have the oil in the intake and in the bottom of the crank case. its all fed by the tank that feeds the carbs too. your going to need to refill that tank about every 2 1/2 tanks of gas but try to do it every two

I didn't pull intake off I pulled carb off and the intake was full of oil ... thanks for the help that's good news ty ... so a simple carb rebuild will fix it .... I replaced the small oil lines on the oil pump ...so its a carb problem? ... the guy said he had it running but it smoked but it run but bogged down... hay again I ty for the help

Sry I ment the carb but I know I said intake

+1
    since you replaced the small lines. did you refill the lines? you need a small pump can to inject the oil. then your going to want to premix a gallon of gas at 40;1. when you start it you will have the premix protection while the air gets out of the oil injection lines so you dont squeak a piston.

cleaning the carbs and fuel system guarantees your ski is going to run. if its bogging that is a fuel issue. the smoking issue depends on what the last guy was doing. if he was premixing that is usual as well as just normal operation. if its heavy white/blue smoke you have bad crank seals and that is not good.

I rebuilt the carbs ... its running ... I took them out and it runs good at half hrotal ... now what?

+1
    so no top end power? need more info

Thread Information