07 250X help please!!

Hey guys, I have an 07 Yamaha Deluexe 110 right now and it just isnt powerful enough for my likeing so Im looking to buy a used upgraded ski.

I found at auction (certified that it does run) a 07 Kawasaki 250X. It says there is no damange and in the pictures everything looks good. It ends tomorow and was wondering what you guys would pay TOP for it?

It comes WITH a one slot trailer but I can NOT check it out in person so its a shot in the dark. At least its certified it runs (most of the jet skis are not.) I bought my ski now that was floded and did all the work to fix it so im not scared of a little work and I do it all myself with my dad so a little TLC is not a big deal.

If I do get it, what are some basic (as in not too $$$) upgrades people do? I have been reading about the prop change which is something I would do but im not sure where to start.

Overall, with the trailer what would you go top for the ski?

Thanks guys!!

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Personally I have had ZEREO problems with my 07 ultra

But I am a mechanic and can fix wot ever could happen , and sadly the 07 250 is the 1st model and does have the best chance of failure,

even if not manufacture caused, because by now its the oldest and has more than likely had a owner that didnt take as good of care as the ski needs.

personally I say DONT buy it unless u have 100 % knowledge of service history, and are prepared to potentially spend BIG money if it fails.
    Yes the ski can run and be certified to say that , but doesnt mean anything about the overall condition of the engine.
    crank could have been pushed by a failed pump and it will still run just fine out of the water.......

mods need to that model:

pump upgrade
    catchcan mod
    potential head cracks
    supercharger may have had no fogging and coating could be peeling

OR it could be perfect....

Waz

Thanks for the great write up! Im still really in the middle. I see what your saying and I know I am taking a shot in the dark. I do wish I knew the number of hours on the machine because that would help me a lot with wear and tear possibility. I do have the HIN number and could do a boatfax but that will be $20...would it even show me anything useful? Also, my dad is very good with engine work as well so if anything went wrong we can fix it. I have ripped my yamaha's engine completely apart more times than I wish to count.

What kind of price would you justify paying for it with the trailer if you did purchase it?

NADA Retail is between $7,000 and 7,900 with a trailer. But auction, I would pay maybe 4K because you may have to dump way more than that into it if it had problems. An engine for one of these could easily run into the 5K range just for parts.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    Personally I have had ZEREO problems with my 07 ultra

But I am a mechanic and can fix wot ever could happen , and sadly the 07 250 is the 1st model and does have the best chance of failure,

even if not manufacture caused, because by now its the oldest and has more than likely had a owner that didnt take as good of care as the ski needs.

personally I say DONT buy it unless u have 100 % knowledge of service history, and are prepared to potentially spend BIG money if it fails.
    Yes the ski can run and be certified to say that , but doesnt mean anything about the overall condition of the engine.
    crank could have been pushed by a failed pump and it will still run just fine out of the water.......

mods need to that model:

pump upgrade
    catchcan mod
    potential head cracks
    supercharger may have had no fogging and coating could be peeling

OR it could be perfect....

Waz

+1

Thanks guys! Decided to skip it with all your help!

Mod: Please lock
    Last edited by badd99; 06-11-2011 at 03:39 AM.

Thread Information