Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

I love the Summer here in Southeast Louisiana!

Left em biting at Timbalier Island. Started out of Cocodrie, La. on Tuesday morning. approx. 30miles to Southeast corner of Timbalier (Gulf side).

A few hours later landed 35 nice trout averaging 15in. with a couple around 20in. 5 broken lines, and too many missed opportunities to even guess.

We were on a tight schedule so had to leave the monsters biting, but I can guarantee you I will attemp this trip again this weekend!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Thats awesome. I live in kenner and i am planning on building one of those racks this weekends to begin jet ski fishing in areas such as delacroix and hopedale because i have fished those areas before via boat. Do you have any advice you can give me on building the rack? (Or even better, do you know of somewhere i can buy one already made?) Also, i was wondering how you go about attaching the rack to the ski? Any help is appreciated! Also, if you have any pictures of the rack, could you email some of them to me at [email protected]? I am really interested in beginning to fish from my ski, and if all goes well maybe one day we could go on a trip together! Thanks in advance for the help

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 504tim View Post
    Left em biting at Timbalier Island. Started out of Cocodrie, La. on Tuesday morning. approx. 30miles to Southeast corner of Timbalier (Gulf side).

A few hours later landed 35 nice trout averaging 15in. with a couple around 20in. 5 broken lines, and too many missed opportunities to even guess.

We were on a tight schedule so had to leave the monsters biting, but I can guarantee you I will attemp this trip again this weekend!
    Great post, Tim! (Did you lose my number?!? JK, nice catch and let's get together soon...)

Quote Originally Posted by zacharypi View Post
    Thats awesome. I live in kenner and i am planning on building one of those racks this weekends to begin jet ski fishing in areas such as delacroix and hopedale because i have fished those areas before via boat. Do you have any advice you can give me on building the rack? (Or even better, do you know of somewhere i can buy one already made?) Also, i was wondering how you go about attaching the rack to the ski? Any help is appreciated! Also, if you have any pictures of the rack, could you email some of them to me at [email protected]? I am really interested in beginning to fish from my ski, and if all goes well maybe one day we could go on a trip together! Thanks in advance for the help
    Let me know if I can help, Zach...

83Gator, do you know if the rack that was in the diy pwc rack thread would have any problems fitting on the back of a 2001 Seadoo GTI or a 2004 Seadoo GTX Supercharged? I am planning on builinding it this weekend and would hate to build it and then find out it doesnt fit...

+1
    Zackarypi, 83gator is will be able to help you with any questions about the rack. He designed it and you will love it. It is one solid rack! As soon as you get your pwc set up we will definitely hook up some trips together. Eventually one day, when we have enough people, we were thinking about a pwc fishing tournament. Ive got 3pwc fisherman, so the more the better.

83Gator, I thought you might say exactly what you said. If my memory is correct, I remember you saying that you like to stay close by land and not go to far out. I was definitely gonna call you but I was not marsh fishing so I figured you woudnt go. Whichever day is a better weather day this weekend, chrisnola and I are going back out there. Your more than welcome to come! Anybody is welcomed. Depending on the weather we will be heading out there this weekend. Hopefully its Saturday. Let me know if you wanna come, we would love to have you ride with us.

Sounds great. Ill probably be spending most of this weekend designing my rack, but hopefully ill be ready to do some fishing in the next few weeks. Thanks for the replies guys

+1
    Honestly, I screwed my rack up when putting it together. This is why I would definitey talk to 83Gator. I put the top of the rack on backwards. The part of the rack that dips so it fits snug up under the seat is actually off the back. At first I thought I was gonna have to start all over again but I just cut one of the bars coming down so it actually fits inside the back handle of the ski seat. I was a lil frustrated but now looking at it I like the cutout being off the back cause if ever I am swimming and want to get into ice chest it will be alot easier from water. As far as straps go, 83Gator does have instructions on that but I just have two long crank straps and I wrap it in a way that works out perfect for me. I start by connecting to the tie down hooks on back and ski and I wrap it a bunch of crazy ways thru the rack and end up attaching to the tow hook under seat. Then I crank on each strap and it locks it in place.

BTW, My best friend that I go pwc fishing with (chrisnola20) lives in Kenner on Kansas. You aughta come fishing with us this weekend. You can strap and icechest to your ski, or better yet I guarantee you my buddy has a few aluminum racks at his house now. I just dont know if it fits yours or not. He has said that they are pretty universal.

+1
    Thanks for the offer Chris, really... but I'm staying home this weekend. I've got some chicks leaving the nest, so to speak. But I do have hopes of hooking up w/you for a fishing trip. That would really be a highlight of my summer.

Zach, I know I'm up the road a bit (Ascension), but, before you purchase the first piece, make a 45 minute drive west. We'll strap a rack to either of your skis so you'll know for sure how it will work. I'm only about 5 to 6 minutes off of Hwy 61 (Airline) and not hard to find at all. If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll make some time for you...

I looked at the "DIY pwc rack" sticky in this section and i am very confident that the rack will fit on the GTX seeing that the rear of the ski looks almost identical to the one shone in the thred. However, if i run into any problems during the build, i will be sure to shoot you a pm about it 83gator. I plan to just take my time while doing it and all should go as planned. (measure 3 times, cut once!) I will update yall on how it goes.

+1
    Zach, if you get in a bind, you can try me at (225) 445-4036. BTW, I'm guessing it [rack] will do fine on the '04...

Side note: Tim... sorry about the "Chris" label... I'm getting old, you know...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information