Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RIVA Rear Exhaust and Custom Intake Installed

Let me know what you guys think... I went the custom route with the intake (Thanks to "YoYamma" for pointing me in the right direction...I basically took what he did and changed few things). I wanted to get the intake away from the motor and toward the front of the ski where I was able to orient and secure the air intake hose to the mouth of the filter.

The RIVA exhaust is a well built kit. The install was pretty straight forward. I was scared shitless when it came time to cut a 3-3/4" hole in hull of my brand new ski, but after hearing this thing, it was all worth it. It sounds badass! I can't wait to get this thing out on the water Saturday.

OE Crap:

Good Stuff:

Why didn't you swap out the elbow for a bigger one? Looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by GPR Ed View Post
    Why didn't you swap out the elbow for a bigger one? Looks good!
    Well I looked a few different part stores in my area for something that might work, but was unable to find something, so like others, I retained the OEM boot. I am looking for a better option though.

All those finger prints on the filter will slow you down. Saturday buddy!

+1
    The air intake looks great. I wouldn't change a thing with it. the charger inlet is 3" anyway. so even the riva 4" reduces to 3" at the charger. I would though, add a brace for the filter. That's a lot of weight being supported by the stock rubber hose. Awhile back, someone made a brace from a generic pipe hanger. Someone may be able to find that thread. It looked good. The riva filter has a support brace to the hull.

Quote Originally Posted by thirdgen327 View Post
    All those finger prints on the filter will slow you down. Saturday buddy!
    I know...Damn flash shows everything LOL..... Yeah man...Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeGPR View Post
    The air intake looks great. I wouldn't change a thing with it. the charger inlet is 3" anyway. so even the riva 4" reduces to 3" at the charger. I would though, add a brace for the filter. That's a lot of weight being supported by the stock rubber hose. Awhile back, someone made a brace from a generic pipe hanger. Someone may be able to find that thread. It looked good. The riva filter has a support brace to the hull.
    Thanks man. The way the filter rests on the fuel tank, it takes any pressure off the OE rubber boot. Since the unit is so long, I took a Heavy Duty Zip Tie and secured the intake to the left side fuel tank tie down strap (Can be seen in the 5th and 6th pics). I left a tiny bit of slack in it so it can move if it has too, but it overall it is very secure and there is no pressure what-so-ever on any component.

Quote Originally Posted by STALKER FZR View Post
    Thanks man. The way the filter rests on the fuel tank, it takes any pressure off the OE rubber boot. Since the unit is so long, I took a Heavy Duty Zip Tie and secured the intake to the left side fuel tank tie down strap (Can be seen in the 5th and 6th pics). I left a tiny bit of slack in it so it can move if it has too, but it overall it is very secure and there is no pressure what-so-ever on any component.
    You read my mind. I was gonna say secure it to the gas tank strap as the underside looked supported already. By the way thats a sturdy looking "zip tie" , where can i find them that heavy duty??? lmao

ordered mine today from deptford yamaha,, the riva thru hull and the CAI,,(cold air intake),, "ITZMUNCH" installed his over last week and was equally impressed with sound and results,, that ribbon proved to be a bitch to pry out but all in all, ok,,, can't wait to get mine installed next week,,,, still don't quite understand the physics of how the water stays out and doesn't come in,, hmmmm. lol,, anyway's enjoy,, !! nice pics and post.

Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeGPR View Post
    Hey partner do u still have the size 13 Boots????????????????????????/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information