Triton Trailer problems

Anyone ever had the bumper come off their triton trailer? Ive only loaded my ultra lxi on this new trailer 4 times and this happened the last time... I barely eased it onto the trailer. I talked to dealership and they said there was nothing they could do and they would try to contact triton... Ill be calling tomorrow. Can anyone guess how much repairs are going to cost me?

DO NOT power onto the trailer as it is only a recipe for damage. Jump off of the ski at the ramp and winch it onto the trailer by hand. The bumpers on my Triton trailer are fine and it is a 2008 model but, then again, I do not power onto the trailer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Pearl View Post
    DO NOT power onto the trailer as it is only a recipe for damage. Jump off of the ski at the ramp and winch it onto the trailer by hand. The bumpers on my Triton trailer are fine and it is a 2008 model but, then again, I do not power onto the trailer.
    +1 I never power onto the trailer - it's just not a great idea, plus you have a good chance of sucking up rocks and other debris and trashing your pump.

Hop off and winch on. Adds an extra minute but worth it.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    The hull looks really close to the frame member.

I would suggest changing from the factory rubber nub to a roller. Any good trailer repair shop should be able to mount a nice roller to the frame.

What model year is that Triton? The newer models are larger and work better with large PWC than the older version (circa 2002 and newer are the larger version). You can call Triton to confirm.

+1
    what model triton is that.....your dealer may have set you up with the wrong model trailer for your ski.....

+1
    Scoot the ski back so its not so close. My rxp was close. So I added (2" if I remember right) tall blocks of solid aluminum to raise the ski bunks up so I dont have to worry about the ski hitting the trailer.

Move the jet ski back by moving the winch back too. Check your tongue weight, you can move back the jet ski so you don't hit the bumper. It's only a safety bumper so you don't hit the frame. Moving the bunks forward or backward will also change the weight balance (bolt front or back of bracket on the trailer or flip around the bunks). About 7-10% of the total weight should be on the tongue for good towing performance. Move the bunks and move back the PWC and you should find a happy fit. Bring your tools along and can do this at a local boat launch easily. The dealer can get you the replacement bumper parts.

Thread Information