+1

Question about riva and CP piston standard and oversize

Hi all,

maybe question asked several time before. What's the benefit of running aftermarket piston like RIVA or CP in standard and oversized.

If standard what else should I put to make it reliable and same question for oversize.

Please look at my mod in signature.

I was looking at the prices at 4-tecperformance and thought they were more expensive .

Maybe coming soon C-kit supercharger, waiting for shipping info.

+1
    aftermarket pistons are generally made more precisely and of better materials which last better under harsh conditions eg high boost

oversize is for if you have a damaged motor that requires the bores to be machined bigger to get to clean metal.

If your doing a piston swap on a healthy motor you will most likely get away with a hone and standard size pistons.

Best bet would be to take your block to a machine shop and get them to tell you what work you need done and what pistons you will need.

+1
    ok saw it doesn't give horsepower or better acceleration anything like that? if I get a C-kit will my oem piston 200h (that is good right now) be good for the setup or I will have to buy an aftermarket piston?

+1
    Higher compression generally makes more HP and therefore acceleration. The riva piston were great in my 06 rxp

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

+1
    thanks for your output anyone else riding with aftermarket piston such as riva or cp?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by otoss View Post
    thanks for your output anyone else riding with aftermarket piston such as riva or cp?
    There are differences between oversize such as described above and higher compression pistons. The aftermarket pistons such as the Riva (MTC) and CPs are ligter by comparrison to OEM. Lighter pistons, lighter rods such as the Carrillo, lightened cranks, lightened counter ballance shaft, lightened cam sprockets, lightened flywheel, and etc. etc. all in conjunction with proper ballancing equates to faster acceleration and more HP (less rotateing mass). All this allows for a higher reved engine with less risk of a catastrophic failure. Many of the guys on this forum run the OEM internals without any issues (rock solid from the factory).

+1
    thanks was wondering if all these light component worth the money for the results, if you having a supercharger like C-kit with aftermarket ecu?

+1
    thanks was wondering if all these light component worth the money for the results, if you having a supercharger like C-kit with aftermarket ecu?
    If its hard acceleration your looking to gain I would say yes for sure! Reliability I would say yes for sure (a true ballanced engine will place less stress on the internals). You see these same techniques in the auto raceing industry, all for good reason. If your planning on going with a big boosted engine turning high RPMs and want the engine to stay together for long periods of time then its worth the money and effort, otherwise stick with the stock internals (as stated before they are rock solid).

+1
    ok saw it doesn't give horsepower or better acceleration anything like that? if I get a C-kit will my oem piston 200h (that is good right now) be good for the setup or I will have to buy an aftermarket piston?
    With 200 hrs on the OEM pistons you are likely stiil good. Take the pistons and block to a machine shop to check the pistons for wear. The tolerances are published in the shop manual. I can look it up if you need the info!

Thread Information