Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

SBT Supercharger rebuild kit

hey guys, just bought an 05 RXP and I want to rebuild the supercharger before it fails. I would like to know if the SBT supercharger rebuild kits are any good? I get a discount there which makes it considerably cheaper than other kits.

+1
    If it was my ski. I wouldn't skimp out on saving a few bucks on items such as our supercharger..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Boosted3s View Post
    hey guys, just bought an 05 RXP and I want to rebuild the supercharger before it fails. I would like to know if the SBT supercharger rebuild kits are any good? I get a discount there which makes it considerably cheaper than other kits.
    Get the OEM rebuild kit and let Jerry do it. It is a sticky on the top of the page..... Kit can be found here....--->http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=763

Why would you want to skimp on the things that you need most....?

+1
    I don't know your finances or mechanical capabilities but I would at least check out letting Jerry do it. I have done all the mods to my ski myself and would like to learn to do the charger but the cost of the tools and risk of messing it up were just too great. His labor cost is really reasonable, I shipped it out last Friday and it is due back today. If you decide to do it yourself, let us know how it goes, maybe I'll try my own next time!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by krouchchocolate View Post
    If it was my ski. I wouldn't skimp out on saving a few bucks on items such as our supercharger..
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    Get the OEM rebuild kit and let Jerry do it. It is a sticky on the top of the page..... Kit can be found here....--->http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=763

Why would you want to skimp on the things that you need most....?

+1....

+1
    I agree with all the above, if you have the tools and the ability then I would still go with the original OEM parts for your supercharger.
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=763

If you want the man that has probably rebuilt more Sea Doo superchargers than probably anyone in the country,
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ebuild-Service

There are plenty of places that you can save a few bucks on the Sea Doo skis. The super charger really isnt one of those items to skimp on.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    There are plenty of places that you can save a few bucks on the Sea Doo skis. The super charger really isnt one of those items to skimp on.

+1...The Scer can be the life and death of your ski..Use faulty parts and youll be replacing more that a Scer..youll be replacing a motor too...
    Heres a thread were i had a debate with an SBT employee,He tried to defend SBTs product..As you will read SBTs kit isnt something i would be using for my Scers...

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...spacer-washers

+1
    I am a mechanic actually. I have owned a automotive performance shop for some years now. I was considering send the supercharger to Jerry to get rebuilt though. I just wanted to know if the SBT kit was any good or not, thats all. OEM Isn't always the best, if it was there would be no aftermarket parts. I get the SBT kit for 195.00 If I can save a 100.00 why not. If it is crap then I won't bother with it.

+1
    As far as OEM Scer rebuild kits go,OEM has been proven in thousands and thousands of rebuilds....It IMO is the best rebuild kit out there..If you need to save money then go with the SBT....its your money and your Scer..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Boosted3s View Post
    I get the SBT kit for 195.00 If I can save a 100.00 why not. If it is crap then I won't bother with it.
    I installed one of these kits, and mine held up to some considerable punishment. The only concern I had was after I went to install an aftermarket impeller and noticed the wear on the shaft splines where the thrust washer sits. The splines were tweeked and about to break loose on the shaft after about 85 hours. The clutch washer were totally fried, but they held together!

IMO, after having 2 clutch washers shatter (both OEM - 1 ceramic, 1 metal) - I won't run anything without the Rotax Racing washers that come in the new 101 kits - which are $100 washers. So for me - if I had the option to purchase the SBT kit for $195, Id still have to spend $100 for the washers = $295.00 - not a big savings.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information