HKS BOV question

Do I have to buy the offical one from Riva or can i buy any HKS BOV off of ebay? There appears to be a big difference in the price. Don't want to spend a great deal would like to just be able to spend around 100 on ebay and put it in.

I purchased authentic ones off Ebay got a flange and got it welded to the piping from the intercooler. I suggest you buy an authentic one, might be a little more but it will last you a whole lot longer.

+1
    If they are cheap, there's a great chance they are fake. It may look like a real hks but the inside is different. JD was using a hks style bov and I don't think they had any issues but IMO spend the extra 100 for a real one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HKS-U...#ht_843wt_1165

Thats the one I'm looking at looks like an HKS to me.

Check this one out.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HKS-S...Q5fAccessories
    Ideally look for manufacturer's item # like "71004-KK001" and the stamp on the back that says HKS is different on the fake ones... good luck

+1
    It's a discontinued unit, but does appear to be legit HKS. Interesting that according to the HKS site, the only BOV from that line that was discontinued is the 71004-KK001. HKS still offers the same (universal) unit in silver as: 71007-AK001. Wonder if they just chose to drop the black or if the black finish caused sealing problems. You might call HKS-USA and see if you can get any info on why the unit was discontinued and if it's a unit known to be counterfeited. There's no warranty directly from the manufacturer if you purchase from an unauthorized seller or online auction. According to the HKS site, you'd have to return to the seller and have them return to the manufacturer (good luck w/ that..).

Check out the HKS counterfeit page link. Very hard to differentiate the fakes. Might want to ask the seller to provide a close up of the UPC and refer to the 3rd and 4th pics on the page.

+1
    After riding i always hose off the engine after it has cooled off, and after salt water riding i spray it with fluid film. Over the winter i installed the riva HKS BOV kit, and was wondering if i should or should not be hosing that down as well, or spraying it with the fluid film? any ideas?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniChunks View Post
    After riding i always hose off the engine after it has cooled off, and after salt water riding i spray it with fluid film. Over the winter i installed the riva HKS BOV kit, and was wondering if i should or should not be hosing that down as well, or spraying it with the fluid film? any ideas?
    I lightly hose it down and then immediately run the ski and blip 3k to blow out any water that may have gotten in. Then I use fluid film on the bov and also on the blue silicone hose.

Thread Information