Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1

1100 vs 1200npv CDI comparisons

I know that the 65U cdi has different curves for all 3 cylinders and the 1100 does not. The 1200 also has a higher rev limit.

I recently scored a bunch of parts from an x racer, and one thing was a 65u cdi. After studying the schematics, the wires and plugs and colors are the same. Just mounted differently. Has anyone tried that box in the 1100?

....back from the dead.... J-ME's Avatar
    +1
    Nope.

Why don't you try putting a 1200 front cover on there if you happen to have that and an electrical box?

That way your CDI isn't shaken as much.

Oh, I don't know...just thinkin' and typin'.

I tried using the 1200 cdi on an 1100 engine. One of the plugs is different but I was able to just depin the plug and swap it, also I think on of the grounds was not used with the 1200 box. After the box was changed I took the raider out and it ran like crap, had no top end. Thats when I found out that the flywheels are different.

I was able to pickup a 1200 flywheel, front cover with stator and pickups and a complete electrical box of ebay. I installed the electrical box on back of the fuel tank after swapping the number 1 and 3 coil wires to the cdi. I think I had to change the temp sensor as well because of the length to the new location.

The raider runs fine now, there was no change in rpms or speed and maybe a little less snap in acceleration. This is ok because I think the engine will run cooler now and I'm in the process of installing 44mm carbs and doing some porting and hopefully going big bore if I can find a good price on some 1200 pistons.

Sorry if this was a long reply, this is one of my first posts to this form.

....back from the dead.... J-ME's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome oldmanraider !

Glad to have you here.

Your info is just what addicted was looking for.

Thanks for the welcome. After following this and other forums for several years I think it's time to join in on the fun. I love my raider! I know it will never go as fast as the new skis that people mod on this site but it sure is great to be able to pickup used parts for next to nothing.

+1
    Good to see new blood or is it old blood.

Those old raiders can still move fast in a straight line.

SCOTT.................

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome, and thanks for the response. The more detail the better as far as i'm concerned.

I actually am running 44's, and am right against the rev limiter at 62.0. maybe I'll try it in the spring. . .

My best is 60.1 gps with a nujet 5.5 at 7010 rpm and 59.6 with a solas concord I prop depitched to 11/18 by Island Racing at 6750 in light chop.

The engine has 140 hours on it. I have the engine out right now and I just finished trueing the hull (alot of wear and scratches on the hull bottom from 12 years of use) was suprised by how uneven the hull was, hope it helps. I'm porting the cylinders right now (alot of good info from macdizzy site). I have a set of wiseco pistons 1mm over that I'm trying to decide if I'll use or go ahead and get some pro-x pistons at 84mm ( a little scared from what I've read about wiseco's on here) they are alot lighter than the oem pistons and it's what I picked up a while ago for cheap. It will a be a week or two before I send the cylinders out to get bored.

I've also just installed a Riva Rear Exhaust and will be putting a jetworks flow control on from a seperate water line from the pump. Since I have everything apart I also removed the vent tubes from the back, enlarged the holes in the center bulkhead and installed a pair of 120cfm fans to get more air into the hull ( there set up on pressure switch to run only when the engine is running) I read a post a while ago that this helps the raiders.

Interesting stuff!

Welcome oldmanraider, as Scott said it's good to see an old school ski doing well and still going!... wonder if we could take over this site from the GPR's...

I doubt it!

Welcome Oldmanraider..we are here , .....I like your mods, more input for our beast is always great...........

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information