Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

08 GP1300R or 08 RXP 215 SC

I realize I will get some biased opinions here but I really need some help deciding on what ski to buy. I am looking at a used GP1300R with 23 hrs stock and a RXP 215 56hrs stock. I have only rode a 06 GP1300R. The owner of the GPR told me I could take it for a test run and a compression check was no problem. Which is ultimately the better/more reliable and/or faster ski. Opinions please.

Thanks!

my opinion is to simply ride both. Both ski`s have a different feel to them...good luck...

this is really something we can`t answer for you, you need to ride them otherwise all the hornblowers will come out of the woodwork...
    everyone loves their machine for their own personal reasons, best advice is to read read about the differences...

Thanks....Riding both is really the thing to do but for the money I have decided to go with the GPR. Thanks Again!

Quote Originally Posted by kopfb View Post
    Thanks....Riding both is really the thing to do but for the money I have decided to go with the GPR. Thanks Again!
    was there that much of a price difference?

Good choice. RXPs handle like shit (IMO), or I'd have a RXP-X

Yeah there was a difference in price. The GPR is $5000 and the RXP is $6800. I hope I made the right choice....although I feel I did.

+1
    Now hurry up and get the mod bug!!!!

Oh I got the bug. That was one of the factors on the price between the two. I knew with the money saved I could use it to start buying mods. Can't wait!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kopfb View Post
    Horrible choice IMO. I did the same thing and went with a GPR "for the money" and was highly disappointed and wound up just buying an RXP anyway. I really hope the GPR turns out to be good enough for you and more importantly turns out more reliable than most (look around these forums, most problems with Yamaha's are with the GPRs). I owned a GPR before my RXP and there's no comparison in the universe between the two. Anyone claiming that the GPR is anything close to the RXP is living delusional. The GPR is an ancient dinosaur with horrendous ergonomics like take the seat for example, it's as wide as a fat bull and feels like you're riding a bull bareback or doing splits.

The deep foot wells on the GPR like to fill up with so much water and doesn't drain that well under acceleration - they're just too deep. The RXP's foot wells stay dry unless you come to a stop and let your wake catch you, but then as soon as you hit the throttle, they empty right out! At least the carbed ones are hard to start and most people have to delete the choke and add in a primer. It actually sucks down more fuel than the supercharged ski! My RXP seems at least twice as good on fuel! Same sized tank, twice the riding time on the RXP!

It's also plagued with problems like dropping powervalves, air leaks causing lean conditions melting pistons or seizing the motor, known lean conditions in the midrange causing seizures, catalytic converters coming apart, oil lines popping off seizing the motor, many people totally rebuilding them just to have them fail right away and the list goes on! Seriously, look right here on the forums, the GPR model has the most problems! I really can't see why so many people on here like them! The RXP.... well... is superior in every aspect!

You might even think the GPR might be more playful since it's a little smaller and lighter but the power and ergonomics makes the RXP feel much more playful to me! The GPR felt too front end heavy to me and the trim on the GPR didn't seem to do much of anything and boy how drastic of a difference does the trim make the RXP handle and react! Totally night and day right down to the trim! I like how the RXP fires right up no matter how long it was sitting, no smoke screen special effects, just purs like a kitten and rips like a raging banshee! I hope the EFI GPRs start up easier and run better than the carbed ones because the carbed ones are horrible! If you could of test rode them back to back, you would of saved up for a RXP just for the ergonomics alone!

I don't care if I piss off GPR owners, I was one and I have room to talk, they're garbage, or at least, way over hyped on these forums. Comparing a GPR to a RXP...LOL. What next, comparing a Ford Mustang fox body to a Lamborghini Gallardo? Hey I still have the factory OEM cover to a GPR is anyone is interested in it for cheap? GPR's are... Should just rob a bank or something and at least got a new VXR if Yamaha is your thing! Seriously, I really wish you luck with the GPR (reliability) and hope it's good enough for you! (Just don't be delusional that it's anything close to what a RXP is!)

Quote Originally Posted by Emig5m View Post
    Horrible choice IMO. I did the same thing and went with a GPR "for the money" and was highly disappointed

I don't care if I piss off GPR owners, I was one and I have room to talk, they're garbage, or at least, way over hyped on these forums. Comparing a GPR to a RXP...LOL. What next, comparing a Ford Mustang fox body to a Lamborghini Gallardo? Hey I still have the factory OEM cover to a GPR is anyone is interested in it for cheap? GPR's are... Should just rob a bank or something and at least got a new VXR if Yamaha is your thing! Seriously, I really wish you luck with the GPR (reliability) and hope it's good enough for you! (Just don't be delusional that it's anything close to what a RXP is!)
    I went from SeaCrap to yamaha and have good reason.
    Enigma you are an uninformed moron and I don`t care what your background is with any other sport. Obviously you lack the intelligence of making the transition from wrenching on MX bikes to watercraft and that`s not the brands fault.
    I`m a GPR owner and although I`m not mad and don`t care that you have your opinions, but tired of reading about your problems... WHY don`t you tell the whole forum the truth first!!! should I copy your old threads to this thread!!!
    YOU were uninformed and uneducated about watercraft!!! YOU purchased a POS from the start!!! with all your MX and 2 stroke so called knowledge, you actually know nothing about these ski`s... You are the only one to blame about that whole ordeal, or did you forget your continuous ranting about it in the past. Now that you have your first Seadoo 4 stroke you think everything else is garbage... Good for you that you like your new ski, but do us all a favor and STFU about complaining about the GPR in this sandbox...
    Your own ability to maintain and repair ski`s suck obviously, don`t blame the machine... what are you going to say when your seapoo shits the bed? Oh I get it, the RXP`s are garbage to....
    and GOOD thing you bought the year you have, bc in the past the RXPee had serious delamaniation isssues... but of course you knew that to, RIGHT??? and many were discouraged, but overcame... get the point!!!

you have no idea how a well running GPR handles, the rxp doesn`t even come close...
    and there are some fast GPR`s that will hand you your ass...
    now if you have to, go blow your saleman, at least he likes to hear just how happy you are with your little red matching to your ford lightining pick up ski!!! Don`t forget to gargle when your done!, good hygiene is important as well as knowing "how to ride"...
    get real dude!
    There is enough brand bashers here, why don`t you post something educational and positive for once, or maybe that`s hard to do as well...

now go enjoy your RXPee and all 6 miles of your riding area!...
    Go complain to your mechanic about the swell job they did on your GPR...
    and>>>

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information