Thumbs down 01 virage txi wont run!

I have 2001 virage txi that will not run.I just replaced the tp sensor and it still won't run.it will spit and cough every so often like it wants to start.then sometimes it will start run and rev and idle not for long tho, but then sometimes it will die after you rev tho when it does run.can someone please help me out with this? Any help would be appreciated.k447 any thoughts?

Check voltage on the white/red wires first. Probably low voltage to the injectors.
    Last edited by K447; 06-10-2011 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Injectors are powered on White/Red wires, not red/white ;)

Sure will.where are these wires located and what should voltage be? Also if the voltage is low what's the problemor what part needs replacing?thanks for the quick reply btw

OK Ive been reading and testing on this since I got off work.here's what I've come up with...engine has spark,fuel pressure is 23 psi, injector voltage while cranking is below 20 volts.it fluctuates between 10-15-19 volts, and when it reaches 15-19 volts it sputters like it wants to start but will not.added fuel to the throttle bodies and it starts and revs high till it burns the fuel up and dies.so im leaning towards stator or emm being bad.but I'm not sure how exactly to test the stator? AND from what I have read others have had almost the same symptoms this one is having AND the emm definitely being the culprit...needing rebuilt.I read in another thread a guy had similar symptoms and after checking everything else, he pull the emm finding goowy gel around it.so he sends it off to dfi technologies and they determine its bad, rebuild it,ship back and he installs it and problem solved! It starts up and runs perfectly.I'm about 95% sure this is my problem also.I pulled the emm and found the same goowy mess on the bed plate and on the unit itself.I open it up and on the bottom side the and the chip or processor in the center doesn't look like the rest around the solder joints.it looks like its gotten hot and fried thru the gel.k447 do you have a good emm that you could open up AND send me a pic of to compare it to? I really want to fix this thing.it actually belongs to my older boss/friend and this is his baby and his favorite hobby.and this is all charity work to get him back on the water.thanks for the help guys

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Charity work Send the EMM to DFI. If it is OK, then the cost for them to check it over is not expensive. If it needs repair, then it needs repair.

While the EMM is out for service, order a new TPS and a few sets of The correct PZFR6H spark plugs.

Also consider pulling the through-hull bearing carrier and getting it rebuilt. I would also check the impeller bearings and seals and possibly just go ahead and replace them anyways. The parts are not expensive and it eliminates any questions regarding future bearing failure due to water seeping past the seals.

If the reverse lever is stiff, that can be pulled apart and fixed. If left stiff eventually the plastic parts inside will break.

OK maybe not charity but free labor cause it's a friend.how do I test the stator before I send the emm off for testing?i want to rule it out first and the tps is brand new just installed yesterday with same result

Does anyone know how to to test for a bad stator and what values are?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 gtx rfi View Post
    Does anyone know how to to test for a bad stator and what values are?
    See my signature links

Since my last post I have sent emm to dfi.I called them today and they said it check out with static tests.they are gonna boat test it this weekend and see if it passes, but said only 10% don't pass.now I'm at the end of my rope not knowing what to check now, so I need your help! Dfi said it could be the stator, but I tested it and all ohm reading where just a tad on the high side( 0.6-0.8 ) but I think its good.what else could it be? What else can I check/ test???please help

+1
    Sounds like the stator and flywheel are the next things to inspect. Might be loose flywheel magnets.

Thread Information