02 virage 800i has no spark?

Sorry for posting again but first one I put in tech then read the dont post here.

Hi everyone I am new here and new to PWC's also I bought some jetskis not running and the one I am starting with is a 02 800i the po said it died one day brought it home and it fired right up, went back to the lake and after a while it wouldnt start. The stator is new but it still has no spark. Question 1 is there fuses I should check somewhere question 2 is there a step by step testing procedure I should follow. I did read k447's profile info and unpluged the tps still no spark, it cranks fine with or without the laynard, with or without the bildge button pushed (bilge pump does work) It is fuel injected. Sorry so long winded but I am hoping it runs. thanks

Ok update i hooked up a spark tester and cranked it in the dark and no spark then I unplugged the tps and now i have spark but didnt start but it has not been run in 2 yrs any ideas now ?

Ok tps unplugged and a squirt of gas down the intake and it fires right up now i need to find out why it has no fuel pressure I just put 3 gallons of 91 octane in it

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Check the Ficht links from my signature

any recomendations on service before running it. It has been sitting since 2008 I am planning on replacing the fuel lines and clamps, I put a new battery today, cleaned connections, new fuel. Is there any cylinder damage that can happen from dirty injectors and can they be cleaned

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Injectors are rarely a problem.

Correct the fuel pressure problem.

Correct spark plugs installed? Are they fresh?

Sounds like you need a new TPS installed. Bad TPS can cause lots of problems and symptoms.

Measure voltage on white/red wire -I suspect it will be below the required 20+ volts.

I think i found the fuel problem after priming it ran then i touched the fuel lines and they leaket at all connections I assume from sitting all that time so i will look at the parts store tomorrow for new lines and clamps. I also need to thank you for all the info you share to save us lots of time and money good job

Thread Information