Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kawasaki Ultra LX

I'm looking into purchasing a Ultra LX (2110). Does anyone have experience waterskiing behind one of these? Does this jet ski have enough power to pull up an adult slalom skier from a deep water start with an adult driver and observer? I'm used to skiing behind a I/O and thought a jet ski might be easier for me to ski behind occasionally and to teach our kids to ski behind at lower speeds and having a smaller wake. Also any idea what the top speed would be for the Ultra LX (160hp). Thanks for any info.

Top speed for stock LX with 1 or 2 riders is 50. Wish I could help you on the waterski questions. Oddly, Ive never seen it done here. I know wakeboards and tubes are no problem. Of course, SD has a wakeboard edition that is only 155hp. But, I do think that deep water slalom ski starts are more difficult.

I have pulled a 3000 lb boat on my 130 hp Sea Doo GTI. So a skier is no problem. Its hard to keep a constant speed on these while pulling a skier though. Thats the only thing i noticed.

Thanks for the info. I can see that depending on the size of the skier and cutting back and forth across the wake that maintaining a constant speed may not be easy/ideal. But as long as the ski can pull a skier from time to time I'm sure riding will be a blast and offers us more flexibility if someone wants to ski. Guess your right if you can tow a 3000lb boat and the unit tops out around 50mph pulling up a skier shouldn't be an issue. The Kawasaki site says the ski can pull a skier/boarder, etc., but I just wanted to be sure they didn't define a "skier" to be a 50lb kid on two skis, etc. We can get a pretty good deal on a '10 Ultra with an added Kaw incentive on year end models so think we'll give it a go. Thanks again!

Let me know if you can pull a single skier ok on the LX. I too was looking at the LX but ended up getting a 250x. If I had my time over, I'd go the Lx for fuel economy and reliability.

The 250x can pull a single skier out pretty easily (even my super fat mate 120kgs). Not sure about the Lx - but it should be fine.

+1
    I have an 07 LX. I have pulled many things. From small children on tubes to a 20 foot salt water fiberglass boat. It has good low end torque. If you have any concerns wil a slalom skier just putll the wedge out and the ski will pull the skier out no problem. It will also help keep pretty much the whole hull in the water and that will help with keeping her somewhat strait whil the skier is cutting. If you had aftermarket sponsons I would say put them all the way down to help more. As far as speeds they usually are between 52 and 54 stock. With some mods mine tops out right above 60. 58 with a full tank. Not really a set up for pulling a skier but capable with just a little time in the shop switching out parts. I really like this ski and it has been a great play toy for me. I recommend it often. can carry your gear, stable hull, comfortable ride and lots of gas (deep fuel pickup). While I really enjoy my 300, I will always have a LX in the shop also.

I never planned on using my ski as a towski boat but one day I did get conned into it.I'll tell you this.I almost pulled the guys arms out of socket and he was a big dude too.and I had a spotter on back too,then we went to a tube with 3 large people on it and a spotter on the ski and there was no problem making them all crap their pants,the LX is a great ski.I still have my 07 and have no plans right now of getting rid of her.no mods other than self made intake mods and I've hit 56 GPS mph.
    Good luck.steve

Quote Originally Posted by Spike H2O View Post
    I'm looking into purchasing a Ultra LX (2110). Does anyone have experience waterskiing behind one of these? Does this jet ski have enough power to pull up an adult slalom skier from a deep water start with an adult driver and observer? I'm used to skiing behind a I/O and thought a jet ski might be easier for me to ski behind occasionally and to teach our kids to ski behind at lower speeds and having a smaller wake. Also any idea what the top speed would be for the Ultra LX (160hp). Thanks for any info.

Heyy, I just purchased a 2011 Ultra LX. Want to start doing some things to it. I saw you have mods on yours taking it closer to 60 MPH. Can you tell me what you have done? and where to go to get the parts.

+1
    My wife was able to slalom ski behind our WR-500 Waverunner (32 HP).

I dislocated my neighbors shoulder pulling her with my 220 HP Yamaha jet boat. She insisted on starting out at full throttle. I tried to tell her...

+1
    I use my old 12F to pull skiers and huge tubes with no issues whatsoever. This has less HP than the LX so you should have no issues as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information