Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2010 kawasaki 260LX - Help me :)

Hey guys,

After a few days of looking it seems I landed a deal with a local dealer. They have a 2010 260LX with 27 hours on it and want $7500 for it, good deal right?

Few concerns:

1-WIth a 2010 model, I dont have any of those early kawasaki issues right?

2-Can you explain what the whole super charger fogging thing is? Ill be always in fresh water if that matters.

3-Performance upgrades? Was thinking wedge, prop, intake grate, mod the BOV to have 11.4-12 PSI. Anything else?

4- Top speed stock and top speed after those upgrades?

5- Super charger rebuild every 100 hours correct? What are the cost of the parts? (can do myself.)

You guys are the best! Thanks for all your help! Just getting really into this sport (moding wise) and look forward to learning a ton!

2010 has the double pump bearing stock and apparently a better head than previous models. So yes, those two "issues" can be considered solved. As to the Bolt ons you are talking about, I would just save the money for something else, no real gains here. In fact you can step steps "backward" with some wedge / plate combos. As to messing around with the engine I would leave it alone too unless you or your mechanic really know what they are doing . . . . the potential "downsides" are significantly greater than the potential "upsides". This boat is going to go about 67ish mph out of the crate. If that's not good enough I would look at the 300x which can achieve 72 / 73 mph easily with a few very minor mods (you can surf the threads here and find out about that). JB

Very interesting...anyone else say to not change anything?

Banned User
    +1
    Yes listen to the above advice. And Sc does not need 100 hr service that's on the doos just inspect your pulleys.

Quote Originally Posted by badd99 View Post
    Very interesting...anyone else say to not change anything?
    Do the BOV. All the other stuff, no real gains. I've done the same things your thinking of, Riva plate, 2* wedge, skat impeller. They all serve as paper weights now. If you have to do the mods just to make yourself feel better like I did, I'll give you a great deal on my stuff.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    2010 has the double pump bearing stock and apparently a better head than previous models. So yes, those two "issues" can be considered solved. As to the Bolt ons you are talking about, I would just save the money for something else, no real gains here. In fact you can step steps "backward" with some wedge / plate combos. As to messing around with the engine I would leave it alone too unless you or your mechanic really know what they are doing . . . . the potential "downsides" are significantly greater than the potential "upsides". This boat is going to go about 67ish mph out of the crate. If that's not good enough I would look at the 300x which can achieve 72 / 73 mph easily with a few very minor mods (you can surf the threads here and find out about that). JB
    To add to the words of wisdom from JB

the BEST mod you can do to your ski is buying a set of
    LIFTER -WEDGES
    they WILL make you faster

plates etc all depend on riding condition and what u are looking for out of the craft

Waz

Can someone expand on the non-needed 100 hour super charger rebuild on the kawasaki's?

Also, sirbreaksalot....can you also expand on the lifter wedges? I haven't heard of them before this.

Thanks guys!

+1
    There is no 100hrs service/rebuild on a ultra SC, keep fogging it ones in a while, check your belt tension and pulleys bearing every seasons and that about it.Oh, if not already done it, remove belt cover and don't put it back.If you haven't bought it yet ask the mechanic to remove the belt cover so you can inspect the pulleys,27hrs is enough to have pretty rusty pulleys if it haven,t been washed right.

Sirbreaksalot talked about the wedge on the pump.

Brisyl, can you tell me what to look for when Im inspecting the pullys?

Also, not 100% sure on the correct procedure to fog the super charger?

If I can see the pulley's and belt on the engine does that mean the belt cover was removed, just wondering? Ill ask them to do so if it isn,t off though.

No one did comment on the price too, I thought it was a good deal?

Banned User
    +1
    I know some like removing the cover and leaving it off however if riding offshore water and such can get on the belt causing it to slip. It only takes 2 min to remove and reinstall the cover For inspection. the cover does a dang good job of keeping water off the belt.

For inspection just clean surface rust and inspect dampener on front of pulley for cracks. On the rubber. Or metal itself.

Lifter wedges are hard foam pieces placed in the foot well to help keep your feet in the tray. You can buy them from hydro turf

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information